Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Kenshin posted:

I love my D7200 so much. The dynamic range is amazing.

Wait until you shoot film!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
No D500 announcement? Nikon is over.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

JesusDoesVegas posted:

I recently had a day out with the 80-200 2.8 and loved that lens ( https://flic.kr/s/aHskbxHDSJ ). It sort of gave me the telephoto bug. I noticed though that I really never shot below 3.5, so it would sort of be a waste of lens for me. I was looking at the 70-300 4.5-5.6 as a solution, but I feel like that 5.6 at the long end is a bit small. I'd be interested in how it treated anyone who had it, and if they found a better solution in that price range. I also worry it couldn't match the 80-200 2.8's sharpness at the long end. Is that just out of reach at the price range?

edit - http://www.techradar.com/us/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-budget-nikon-telephoto-zoom-1043012/1 Reading this and getting closer to thinking the 70-300 is a good idea. If the wife wouldn't lose her poo poo I'd just get the 80-200.

Remember that at 200mm 2.8 you have more control over shutter speed in bad light than at 5.6 aperture. Get the 80-200 2.8 you won't regret it. You also can get better isolation of subject from the background at 2.8 than at 5.6.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
A D5 but no D400. What gives Nikon.