Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Looking for a lens recommendation. Mostly a take million lovely pictures of my kids guy. Took a photography class in high school, can and do MASP... but I'm no artist.

Body: D90
Lenses:
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens
Nikon 50mm 1.8D

Looking for a third lens with a budget of ~$300

I was also thinking about buying an external flash so I can do things like bounce flash and have a diffuser.

Any thoughts on Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 + Nikon SB-400 or

Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 + Nikon SB-400 ?

Should I skip the flash and get a more expensive Nikkor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I have around $1000 I want to spend and I’m wondering if i could get some recommendations on what to spend it on.

I have now a z50 with the two kit lenses, I also have the 50mm 1.8 S lens. I also use the ftz adapter and have a couple random lenses.

I’m curious about the fixed aperture f4 24-120 nikkor lens which is ~1100

Also the nikkor 24-200 f4/6.3 which is like 800

My other thought is maybe the money would be better spent upgrading the body to the z6ii…?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kids mostly. Most demanding setting is kids’ theater with not great lighting.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I have a z50 and I just bought a 28-200 as an all around outdoor lens and I’ve been pleased with it. I’m wondering though if I should return it and get that new 28-400? Over kill for shooting kids sports and such?