Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

Jfc Nikon, release the z6iii already!

While the refurb Z8s are tempting at 20% off ($3200 USD), I remind myself that a Z6 III will come in well under that.

Brrrmph posted:

Anyone else read Thom Hogan’s opinion that Nikon is possibly exiting the DX business?

https://www.zsystemuser.com/nikon-z-system-news-and/will-the-triplets-get-a.html

A Z500 would be unique and sell well, I assume, but I could see Nikon leaving the market if it can’t spread an updated sensor across 2-3 DX bodies that all sell OK. So if the DX line is dead, a Z5 refresh would also make sense when the Z6iii is announced.

Instead of the bold prediction of Nikon DX dying, I can easily see DX continuing to muddle along in its current state filling in the under-$1000 price points for Nikon.

There's easily room for a Z70 with IBIS and the 26MP BSI Sony sensor that's in the A6700 in the Nikon Z lineup to compete against the Fuji XS-20 and Sony A6700. That could be a nice camera whenever the serious Sigma and Tamron APS-C zooms are ported over to Z-mount to join the Viltrox and Sigma APS-C primes already produced for Z-mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

huhu posted:

I've always felt like Tamron and Sigma were solid 3rd party lenses for Nikon DX. As I'm looking at new lenses for Nikon Z full frame, I only see 3 Tamron and 0 Sigma which is a bummer. Curious what other third party lenses yall would put on the same level as Sigma and Tamron?

FWIW Nikon licensed the mirrorless FF Tamron f/2.8 G1 zoom trinity (17-28 f/2.8; 28-75 f/2.8 G1; 70-180 f/2.8 G1) for production as Nikon lenses.