Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
After a decade of sporadically shooting film and now having three kids to document growing up, I picked up a D750 this year (don't need 4k video, wanted something I could share lenses with a film slr). I have an 85mm for portraiture, a 50mm for... 50mm things, and a 200-500mm telephoto. When I was taking pictures of the kids opening presents for Christmas this year, I found 50 to still be a bit long. Any suggestions for something a bit wider that isn't too distorted and is fast enough for indoors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Thanks, y'all. It'll probably be a few months until I pick it up but I'll probably get that 35/2

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Curious if anyone has any opinions on differences between the F4, F5, and F6. Is there anything that really makes the F6 worth 3x the F5? I like the idea of being able to get a film slr that can use everything I already have for my DSLR

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Looks like basically they can only be shot wide open even on the 6, yeah. I think that 200-500 is the only E I have

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well gently caress it I pulled the trigger on the F5 because I'm having a bad day and making rash decisions

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
In a somewhat similar vein, I picked up the MF 28 back for the F5, and one of its options is to print shutter speed and aperture in between frames

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I thought new cameras were basically only for professionals, preferably whose jobs are paying for them, and people with more money than sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Apparently Nikon is disputing the F mount rumor https://petapixel.com/2024/01/25/nikon-rejects-the-claim-that-it-is-no-longer-producing-f-mount-products/