Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

is sb-800 good flash to go with my N90s

I don't think N90/F90 series are capable of using any of the automatic features on the modern flash units.
Get an SB-28 instead if you want to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

aricoarena posted:

Anyone have a guess as to why a D750 in live view tethered to a computer would be taking pictures with a circular crop?

It's not a DX lens is it?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

My old 18-55 DX kit lens (no VR) covers a full frame from around 24 mm in.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Probably my Tamron 90 mm macro. You could argue it's on the long end, but I personally don't care much for wide angle landscapes and instead prefer picking out details, and you probably won't need to photograph in super close quarters.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Theophany posted:

So I thought but a quick visit to Nikon's website claims otherwise: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d7100/

That's a 1.3x crop of the 1.5x crop, for an effective 1.95x crop relative to 24x36 mm full frame.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Is the D600 completely forgotten? I don't think it's missing any features the D700 has, but it does add higher resolution and video recording.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

D610 or D600 would also be fine choices in the DSLR range wouldn't they? Granted they don't have near as nice specs as the D750, but still a massive upgrade over an entry range model.
Or see if you can find a D500 if you don't need the full frame format, it has significantly better burst speeds and ISO performance, and from a quick search seems to go for less than a D750.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Some places require by law that cameras have an audible shutter, either mechanical, or electronic playing a sound. Japan is one of those places. And I'm guessing there are some rules that the shutter sound has to be recognizably a camera and not something else. So don't count on being able to load your own shutter sounds...

Edit: This is apparently nonsense, and just something that manufacturers have agreed on to please the public?

nielsm fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

If you do want to get a macro lens, I'd recommend something in the 90 mm range instead. And make sure to look at the second hand market.