Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Any suggestions on what to look for to get a couple older used lenses for a Nikon D200? My mom gave me her old D200 and a fairly cheap-feeling 70-300 lens over the weekend and I'm having a lot of fun shooting with it. Very different experience than my Olympus E-M5 I've mostly been shooting with, and a few of the images I got out of it just playing around have really impressed me for the age of the camera. I'd like to get one or two shorter lenses to play around with but am a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of options out there. I'm thinking maybe a 35-50ish equivalent prime and a shorter zoom lens would be fun to grab and mess around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Thanks! Looking at the 35mm 1.8 now and will definitely grab one second hand for that price. The 17-55 also looks like a good option if I can find a deal, will keep an eye out.