Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

pwn posted:

Who doesn't give back negatives?

This is becoming a thing with places that mail out the film to processed. They take your film, develop and scan it then email you a link to the scanned images. Saves shipping back I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I have a 28mm f/2.8 AI-S lens that has a very stiff focus ring, is there an easy way to loosen it or should I just work on getting stronger fingers?

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Paul MaudDib posted:

:quagmire:

It happens. I have a Micro Nikkor 55/2.8 that's really, really stiff. Must be something about the grease they used, it's nearly as bad as some of the Agfa green glue grease. I think the Micro Nikkor must be particularly bad because of its long helicoid, I can barely turn it and I'm honestly afraid of snapping the lens mount apart.

Well my 28 isn't that bad, but it's definitely not as easy as my other AI lenses.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

My aunt gave me my uncle's old F4S (which is pretty awesome) and a couple lenses. The only noteworthy one is a 20mm f/2.8 AF-D, but the aperture is stuck open. The ring turns freely and the little lever that something inside the body actuates for AE modes goes back and forth fine. Where would be the best place to send it for repair? I was thinking KEH.