Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

It's a macro lens, so it focuses much closer. It's also extremely sharp. It's not long enough to give you close shots of really small things, but it will be excellent for product photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

Musket posted:

True but they are compact and FX and cheaper than going with an M6, 35mm 1.4 Summilulz
You'd be surprised, Nikon RF stuff is pretty drat expensive. They're very hard to find (especially in usable condition) and not as many repair technicians work on them.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

Musket posted:

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Nikon-S-35mm-Rangefinder-Film-Camera-Body-Only-/83185393

Cheap compared to a $5000 lens.

Here is one with 50mm 1.4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-S-Nik...=item35c22bcd9e

You are right about how hard they are to get fixed.
Eh, comparing a Leica M6 to a Nikon S is like comparing an F3 to a Nikkormat with a broken meter. Look at Nikon SPs if you want something similar feature-wise (and even that isn't a great comparison).

I guess what I'm saying is that Leica and Nikon RFs are almost identical price-wise for comparable models.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

I had no trouble selling an F3 in worse shape than that for $150 on craigslist. Nice find!

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

thetzar posted:

I wonder why, in this era of a multitude of sensor sizes, we don't switch to field-of-view degree notation when talking about lenses.

As opposed to the good old days when we only had to deal with 110, 126, 135, 645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x8, 6x9, 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14...

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

Brosnan posted:

Fair enough. I've been poking around on eBay a bit as well, so I'll probably just stick to that route.

here ya go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

SoundMonkey posted:

Anyone who smugposts about Sony's dumbass hotshoe design gets a six-hour.

Have to admit his camera would be safe though - he wouldn't have ever been able to find any flashes to put on it.