Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So, I've been planning to buy a Nikon DSLR 3500, however:

My wife randomly found a camera I bought for her years and years ago - a Nikon COOLPIX L830 16 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 34x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and Full 1080p HD Video (Black).

Has anyone used this, and do you have any thoughts? Should I just use this for a while before spending a bunch on a DSLR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I have a Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera w/AF-P DX 18-55mm VR and 70-300mm Double Zoom Lens - are there other lenses I should have? I thought about getting a micro 40mm, but I feel like I'd never use it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Slotducks posted:

the 35mm 1.8 is going to blow your mind.

Ah - I had just been looking at that lens exactly.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

:rip:

It will live on for people looking for a bargain.

I hope so. I'm hoping this drives down the price of the 40mm f/2.8G Close-up Lens, not up.