Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Beastruction posted:

I just type the film dimensions + 'diagonal' into wolfram-alpha and divide by 42 to get a crop factor.

You mean a Pentax K-01?

It's okay, we understand. You don't have things like "movements" or "bellows" on your puny tiny-format cameras. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

8th-samurai posted:

Pffft that's nothing, I have a 240mm lens that takes 52mm filters (it's an f/9 LF lens :v:).

:smug: I have a 300mm lens that takes 52mm filters

(it's also an f/9 LF lens :v:)

edit: It's also a Nikon lens :smug:

MrBlandAverage fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 26, 2013

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Mightaswell posted:

Phase One should release a camera styled like a 4x5 view camera.

Pure Photography

Arca-Swiss 6x9 + back adapter + digital back + lens - only $37923 :unsmigghh:

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Delivery McGee posted:

Edit: adapter for MF digital backs for the old 2x3" Speed Graphic would be the cutest.

4x5 Graflex, but... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/149263-REG/Linhof_001693_Hasselblad_Digital_Back_Adapter.html

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

aliencowboy posted:

They should sell memory cards that only hold 36 shots.

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-512Mb-Sd-Card-80X/dp/B0009I6KC0 :haw:

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Sludge Tank posted:

Need some help relatively urgently.
Guy here at work (on ship) has old Nikon D100, told me has sensor dust asked me if I could clean it.
I had some sensor cleaning fluid and swabs in my kit bag. I used blower then fluid/swabs and cleaned his sensor in the exact same way which I had successfully cleaned my 5D 2 many times in the past. However, after running the swab across the sensor, it left some really bad streaking where the edge of the swab ran. What the gently caress. I dunno if it makes a difference but the ship's environment is very, very dry. It looks like the poo poo is just not drying off properly for whatever reason.
Can't go out and buy more swabs now because there aren't any camera stores for about 4000 nautical miles and we're going ashore in a couple of days and this guys is really going to want his camera to be working properly.

Any way I can rectify this problem? Now I only have 2 used cleaning swabs and the sensor cleaning solution. The streaking across the sensor obviously leaves horrible streaks across his images. Pls halp!

Use less fluid.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Sludge Tank posted:

Used one drop on the swab, as had done in the past.
Perhaps the swabs were poo poo.... (been in the kit a couple of years but hadn't been used, although they were more spongey compared to the other ones I had used)

Use a smaller drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Today, Sludge Tank learns that "a drop" is not a standardized measurement.