Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

BANME.sh posted:

Lenses are hard. :sigh:

I will probably just stick to the AF-S DX variety, but I was hoping I might be able to grab an older macro lens for under $100.

Don't forget you often set a macro lens to manual focus and move ever so slightly to focus. As an inexpensive intro to macro, it might be a good buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
Cannot go wrong with the 35/1.8. The 50 can be a little tight in some cases, so the 35 is just more versatile.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
Check the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6. Not sure if it's cheaper than the Tokina, but it was the cheapest option when I bought it.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
Best loving lens. I almost got 2 years before I lost my hood.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
Consider nothing other than 35/1.8. Internet has spoken.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
Yeah but a D90 with 35/1.8 is practically the same price as a D7k. D90 is a solid camera, don't discount it (disclaimer: i own one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
I bought one a couple weeks ago too. Thing fuckin rules and was cheap as dirt.