Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Radbot posted:

I have an F4s and it could quite literally be used as a lethal weapon, it's ridiculous.
:hf: The F4 can take a drop to the pavement with nary more than a scratch.

Valdara posted:

Also, there are no places around me to get film developed that will give me the negatives back.
Huh.

Who doesn't give back negatives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Brrrmph posted:

This is a fascinating commitment to 20 year old digital camera bodies.

That's the great thing about film cameras, the sensor is only as dated as the roll you've got loaded.

Finally bought a replacement body for my dear departed F4 earlier this month and it's been a blast shooting again after ~5 years. Provided my old grips.

I also got a bunch of Japanese newspaper with it which I enjoy greatly

Now I just have to make some photos that don't suck.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Which is worse, that tool, or this crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yujDMEbREU

(It's that tool. But this made me feel bad too.)

Also I... never stopped using a camera, or SD cards. Christ

pwn
May 27, 2004

Kiev, Ukraine

says all you need to know about the guy. "Teehee, i didn't say this is a photo i shot in ukraine, i just put the words "kiev, ukraine" next to the image."

Stolen valor is an apt term, as AI "art" is scraping (read: stealing) billions of other people's actual art to frankenstein together. Where the line is between a computer using stolen images and any artist being influenced by everything they've seen is another discussion, but I would wager the extent of this guy's post production contribution is removing the midjourney watermark

pwn fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 24, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

tl,dr: We're hosed. Pick what feels good in your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

I just bought another F4 last year and am happy as a clam. It has some irreplaceable proprietary part that's failing as the decades wear on though, but for all I know so does the F5.

But until it dies I will shoot while i have the sun