Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I really wanted to buy something from the Sony a7 family but everything I've read says that d750 is better bang per buck from sensor performance to af, to metering. I bought a d750 and love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
What's the battery life on these things? All of these loving pov cameras are poo poo because they last like 2 hours on interval shooting.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Hdip posted:

Just got a d750. It's use will mostly be kid pictures. We were using a Sigma 30 non art on our old canon xsi previously. What 50 mm prime to get for new camera? Sigma art? Nikkor 50 1.8?

Whatever is cheapest. This is literally the cheapest lens you can buy. Hell, get it second hand and you can't go wrong.

Also since you're doing kid photography, learn to shoot with shutter priority and autofocus lock (for when there's herds of kids and the AF loses its poo poo).

You'll find that the sensor in the d750 is so loving awesome you'll never use a flash and your photos at 6400 ISO look sharp as hell.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

evil_bunnY posted:

This. I have a 1.8 on a d800 and love it.

Also aperture prio with min speed set owns all. gently caress that shutter prio silliness.

That's gonna get you a whole bunch of blurry toddler photos

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
It depends on the light but I usually go with 1/100 when the kid's walking around. Anything faster for a vigorous game of chase the woodland creatures. Just keep an eye on your iso because people on Flickr or 500px will make fun of you for taking pics at 128000 iso like a newb

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
but what about my ~~~bokeh~~~

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

borkencode posted:

Got back from vacation and discovered that every photo I took was saved as JPEG (Normal) instead of RAW, since Nikon reset my camera settings when I sent it in and I misread the settings when I looked.

Aw poo poo that sucks. :(

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I have been using Nikon for the last 7 years but now I'm in a job where I can get around 25% or more off all Canon products including the mk4 and L lenses. Should I sell my d750 and all associated gear and dehumanize myself to face to bloodshed?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I can get a corporate discount of around 25% on all Canon products. If any of you were in my shoes, would you switch?

So far I'm invested in a d750, 28-300, 50mm, 27-70mm (came with the camera).

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Leperflesh posted:

...this thread might be slightly biased towards nikon, though, what with it being the nikon thread. I wonder if you'd get the same answer in the canon thread?

Yeah fair enough. The only thing about Nikon that really makes me want to keep the d750 is that I love the 3D focusing mode. Nothing beats it for accuracy when taking pictures of fast moving kids in crowds of fast moving kids.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I like Canon's L series lenses like the 28-300 and 50 F1.2. Like I said, I also really like Nikon's 3d tracking so I'm beginning to think Nikon still wins out even with the discount.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Apart from being heavy, what don't you like about the 28-300L?

Ive got the Nikkor 28-300 and I carry it everywhere. Yeah it's unwieldy but the versatility is great especially when hunting down your kid. I just wish it took pictures as well as my 50mm.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Lol holy poo poo the 28-300L weighs twice as much as the Nikkor.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Holy poo poo these things are expensive.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Who wants to buy a d750

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Nice! How is it? Is snap bridge functional?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Holy gently caress WiFi on my d750 is so loving worthless. Glad to hear snap bridge actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Official r/redpill camera