Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Can anyone recommend a book for the d7000? There are several to choose from out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

aliencowboy posted:

D7000s don't read, so get something with pictures.

:rimshot:

a foolish pianist posted:

Is there any reason you want a book specific to the D7000? A general photography manual might be better - you can get the technical details particular to the D7000 from the instruction manual.

I've got a few basic photography books that have been really helpful. I guess I'm just looking for something that's a bit easier to read than the manual, with more examples and images to work with.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Musket posted:

Everybody Poops. It will prepare you for all teh poo poo images your about to post. :iceburn:

Idiots guide to D7000 or the Chiltons Car manual for a 1977 VW Beatle

Fine, I'll just keep all my out of focus cat photos to myself then!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Didn't realize this was such a contentious issue. I was having some trouble figuring out how to manually select the focus spot while in auto-focus mode, and wasn't quite grasping what the manual was getting at. I found the answer easy enough online, just figured that having a secondary reference would be handy for stuff like that in the future.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is there any third party battery grip that is considered better than the others?