Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I've got a D600, which of course has the dust/oil issue that seems endemic to them. What do I do about this? Will Nikon fix it under warranty? I'm over 3000 shots, so according to the internet no new spots should develop, but I have no idea what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Had my first experience with an fEE error last night. Took some fumbling until I remembered it needed to be set to the smallest aperture. I thank the title of the old thread.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

If anyone buys it they need to post pictures of their neighbors' cats.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I'm sending my camera in for service and have a dumb question: do I put the body cap on it when I send it in? It says no accessories, but not having it on there seems strange.

Edit: Should I remove the strap too?

borkencode fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 17, 2017

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Krakkles posted:

Definitely put the body cap on, definitely remove the strap.

Thanks, not knowing what I was doing was what made me put off sending my D600 in for the shutter fix for so long. But I've got a vacation at the end of next month and I'd like to not have spots on all my photos.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Got back from vacation and discovered that every photo I took was saved as JPEG (Normal) instead of RAW, since Nikon reset my camera settings when I sent it in and I misread the settings when I looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Wow, that sucks. Were you not tipped off by the estimated remaining shots being so much higher?

I thought it seemed high, but I'd put two 32gb cards in there, which I don't usually do, plus I hadn't really used it in a while.