Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Is the D600's 28-85 kit lens any good? I'm thinking I'll just get the body and buy glass separately unless the kit lens is quality. I know the 5Dmk2 still comes with a 24-105 f4L for similar money and that's a nice lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I can get a D5200 single lens kit for what I believe to be a reasonable price. I haven't owned a DSLR for a while and never owned a Nikon. Is this still a decent body to pick up? I thought about a 7100/7200 but they are considerably more expensive, as is the D5500.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Let me preface by acknowledging that it's probably not good pricing. I'm going with a particular local store purely because they're offering nice interest free terms at the moment and my other camera just died on me...

The 5200 comes in at about half the price of the 7100 with the same lens. $776 AUD vs $1448.

Canon 700D twin lens kit is about the same price as the 5200.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Looking at pricing, the D7200 is actually priced almost reasonably... Maybe I'll just stretch the budget and get one of those :)

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I ended up getting the D5200 with 18-55 and I really like it. I need more reach though. I've heard really good things about the 55-200, but how does the 55-300 compare?