Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Since this thread has kind of been revived - what's the best day to do the December dungeon without missing any of the December events? I've been told to wait as long as possible, or basically on the 22nd or 23rd to still do Christmas Eve stuff. If I do it earlier than that, do I miss out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The 23rd is the the last possible day to finish it, and if you beat it before then the game will jump straight into the 24th so it makes sense to put it off as long as possible. However if you want Christmas Eve events you need to finish it by the 22nd.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.twitch.tv/pepsimangb

restream of the p5 stuff

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Delsaber posted:

They're just voting for the guy who reminds them most of themselves.

That explains Adachi.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

oblomov posted:

Yukiko I get since she was insanely powerful with her final persona and Mind Blast plus best healing, Yosuke was not particularly better then anyone else. From actual story perspective I found both not too interesting with Yukiko perhaps being better.

Yukiko as you said is obvious, and I'd use Kanji or Chie for physical. I found Yosuke useful because he's the fastest, generally getting the first round even over the MC, and he has pretty good wind magic/physical/masukukaja. I found him as good utility and a decently well-rounded skill set.

But assuming I didn't want a heavy physical Chie + Kanji group, I don't think it's a hard choice as I hate Naoto's skillset, and Teddy is just far to annoying to use.

I liked Junpei in 3 as well, so I like the slackerish friend characters I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No new Persona 5 info yet, right?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Steal Your Heart is all we got.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yukiko as you said is obvious, and I'd use Kanji or Chie for physical. I found Yosuke useful because he's the fastest, generally getting the first round even over the MC, and he has pretty good wind magic/physical/masukukaja. I found him as good utility and a decently well-rounded skill set.

But assuming I didn't want a heavy physical Chie + Kanji group, I don't think it's a hard choice as I hate Naoto's skillset, and Teddy is just far to annoying to use.

I liked Junpei in 3 as well, so I like the slackerish friend characters I guess.

Good point. I normally ran with Naoto since her support spells are pretty darn good. For floor cleanup usually had Chie/Kanji combo in.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

I said come in! posted:

No new Persona 5 info yet, right?

Not for quite a while yet I think as ????? red event is 9:?? JST.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oblomov posted:

Not for quite a while yet I think as ????? red event is 9:?? JST.

I am so ready to see some actual gameplay. Very excited to see what the game actually looks like.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I am so ready to see some actual gameplay. Very excited to see what the game actually looks like.

Yeah, it's funny to think that the game was announced for a Holiday 2014 release, and we've reached February 2015 without seeing gameplay or even any real-time footage.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath. Atlus is much more likely to troll everyone again. Maybe they'll have another trailer or something. I guess miracles can happen and Gaijin like us will wake up tomorrow to gameplay videos and release dates.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, it's funny to think that the game was announced for a Holiday 2014 release, and we've reached February 2015 without seeing gameplay or even any real-time footage.

I forgot all about that. I wonder how they managed to be so incredibly far off their original release date. That Holiday 2014 release was announced in 2013 too.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

I said come in! posted:

I forgot all about that. I wonder how they managed to be so incredibly far off their original release date. That Holiday 2014 release was announced in 2013 too.
Because of the PS4 port most likely.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Persona 4 Dancing out 6/25

new trailer out for it too, probably on Atlus' channel in a little bit.

they are trolling hardcore on the stream about P5 info.!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

I said come in! posted:

Whatever Squeenix has is contagious.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc
P5 Teaser #1

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

These dudes are waaaaay radder than the P4 crew.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Terper posted:

These dudes are waaaaay radder than the P4 crew.

Get bent

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Oh poo poo. That actually looks brilliant.

Loving those disco string.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
its a good trailer but i didn't see chie? is there no chie in p5?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Stux posted:

its a good trailer but i didn't see chie? is there no chie in p5?

Just wait for Persona Q2: R.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In love with the cast of characters for this! The 3rd person perspective is sooooooooo amazing looking too. Already in love.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 5, 2015

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
DDS x Catherine x Sailor Moon. Sounds great!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

looks like we have the MC's Persona?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That looks pretty good. I wonder who it's supposed to be?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

That looks pretty good. I wonder who it's supposed to be?

His name appears to just be main character. Much like the other games. There are three other characters known now too but we don't have their names yet. Igor is back and with what looks like two assistants now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

His name appears to just be main character. Much like the other games. There are three other characters known now too but we don't have their names yet. Igor is back and with what looks like two assistants now.

I think he meant the Persona.

And we really don't have a mythology to go off of yet, correct? Other than Greek/Japanese are pretty unlikely

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I said come in! posted:

We actually do.

Blonde Girl - Takamaki Anzu
Blonde Guy - Sakamoto Ryuuji
Cat - Morgana

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can't wait for this game to be released in the Sept-December window.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I meant the persona.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

Can't wait for this game to be released in the Sept-December window.

Of 2016 or 2017? :P

Mr. Fortitude posted:

We actually do.

Blonde Girl - Takamaki Anzu
Blonde Guy - Sakamoto Ryuuji
Cat - Morgana

This is good. These are good names. :homebrew:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
While it's only based on the revealed images, the new MC gives a sense of having more agency and a defined personality than Persona 4's MC who was more of a blank slate in the game (unlike the anime I guess). I wonder if they've gone with a more fleshed out and/or non-silent protagonist.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Wait, Junko is in P5?

Also, seeing screenshots from the game is making me hype as gently caress and I really wish I could forget about this game existing until it is released so I wouldn't have to cope with this sense of emptiness in my life.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 5, 2015

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

AG3 posted:

Wait, Junko is in P5?
Yep, and so is Naruto.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Supersonic Shine posted:

Yep, and so is Naruto.

This will either be the best game ever or the worst game ever.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I am personally looking forward to the Naruto-like being more of a ninja than the actual Naruto.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Persona 3 and 4 were already Dense with cats. It only makes sense that we move to a Literal Cat party member.

• Locked thread