Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Don't get the hate for marie, her poems alone make her worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Danbri posted:

Sometimes things happen, yep. Sometimes you pick Yukiko in Vanilla before the game tells you anything about Naoto.

All's well in Golden though.

This image has an error: it makes it seem like chie being steak crazy to the point of literally yelling steak or meat at times is a thing which is bad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Cannot Find Server posted:

If you watch the anime, you'll know that he didn't get any injuries from Chie by going into the girls tent. The truth is much more horrifying.

What is it?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

TheHock posted:

So is the most annoying thing about it Chie's new voice actor? (Or is it still Rise?)

Not an edit: I'll watch for it! The only games he gave me with it were Borderlands 2 a and VLR but I'm not done with 999 yet so I have some portable stuff to do for now. But I'm looking forward to getting back into my Bearsona.

Chies new voice actor is the best thing about it actually.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

The_Frag_Man posted:

It seems that you guys haven't acknowledged that Another reason why getting rid of Namatame through the TV might seem fine to the kids is that it's a pretty indirect way of killing him. Just.. push him into the TV and it'll all be over. It's not like they have to beat him to death while the others watch on or something. It's a non-violent solution.

Except they've just spent 9 months in the TV seeing the horrors inside of it, including Nanako nearly dying just by being in there. They are under no illusion of how dangerous that place is and so couldn't rationalise it as a good way to kill him. If anything, he'd probably have a horrific death at the hands of some crazy demon monster, so it could be seen as worse than most other ways to kill someone.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Uh

Sure they could rationalize it. That's why it happens if you don't stop it. It's, in fact, tremendously easy to rationalize as desireable and justifiable in the context of his (apparent) lack of remorse for murdering a little girl, a classmate, a reporter, and attempting to murder half of their number

Except the post I was replying to was talking about using the TV specifically as a way that seems detached and I was explaining how, after spending so much time in that world and seeing how horrific it is, it wouldn't be detached to them. They would know that pushing him in the TV would be an absolutely horrific death for him.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The fact that the idol industry is awful in real life is irrelevant in this game.

It's like being suspicious of Daniel in Parasite Eve because the NYPD in real life is corrupt as gently caress.

I don't see how either of these things are irrelevant.

Like seriously if a game doesn't want to have comparisons or conclusions drawn from real life issues then don't include poo poo from real life that has issues.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's not quite it, if you answer "correctly" during s-link events you rank up faster. If you give the wrong answer you will have to spend more time with the person to rank up, though presumably you'll still reach 10 eventually if you're persistent.

Also often where its three options, two will give you points towards rank ups, but one will be substantially faster than the other.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I assume it'll be something appropriate to the theme like the last two.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

the gently caress is this, they had the opportunity to make an official chiesburger and went with teddy instead gently caress this idiot planet

Flint_Paper posted:

I've decided to make this my Christmas RPG. Never played a Persona game before so found it utterly baffling for the first 8 hours or so. I also made the mistake of starting on hard, like an idiot.

All that aside, I think I've finally gotten to grips with the combat and I'm having a whale of a time. I'm also gradually closing in on understanding, you know, the whole god drat idea of Personas and how they work. Cautiously optimistic. I did find myself checking a guide and then fretting about having ~missed some social interaction~ but then I realised I'm going to have more fun just getting on with the game and not panicking over getting every drat thing right first time.

Any beginner tips (I'm at the bath house dungeon at the moment :captainpop: ) would be very welcome!

fuse fuse fuse. always be fusing personas into others. don't worry too much about keeping and levelling a couple until the end game, unless they have some skills coming up you would want to pass on, have a item heart thing or cover an element you don't have/have some choice resistances.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Flint_Paper posted:

Once I fuse they're added to the compendium so I can restore them later, right? Does that also store their current skillset? Sorry for the daft question but it's like my brain just doesn't want to understand the fusing aspect of the game.

just get used to automatically going to update the compendium each time you go to fuse etc. it does store their current skill set so you can even fuse something you really like if it has a good fusion, then buy it back again straight away.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
its a good trailer but i didn't see chie? is there no chie in p5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

WhiteHowler posted:

Level 25, mostly using King Frost and Anzu. I was fine until around the 6th floor, and then I started running into guys that are doing insane, party-wiping damage.

I tried the sub-boss on the 8th floor, and it was going well until he got a lucky critical on my main character.

I guess I can go back and run the Sauna again, but the experience seems kind of slow.

if you're fine until the 6th floor then level up around there, you don't have to go back to an older dungeon. also make sure your gear is up to par.

• Locked thread