Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Golden Battler posted:

This game is fantastic.

I wanted to high-five the translators when I read that.

I have to say I still personally prefer Chie's old voice but new Chie, although loud at times, can be pretty drat good. I miss "Aha, is this our chance :geno:" tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

Focus on your party members, including Rise. They get combat abilities from it, and all of them have good Personas too. Justice (Nanako) is the source of most of the best late-game Personas, and she's pretty easy to level up, so grab her too. Besides that, and Fox, just do whichever you like the characters for more.

If you're doing Justice it's also a nice idea to do Hierophant (Dojima) since they sort of go together in terms of character development. You need to raise your expression to get past rank 1, tho, and keep in mind that you get limited opportunities to talk to Dojima in the evening.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I was hearing that, too... but they wouldn't do that in the main game before New Game+...

... would they? :ohdear:

I dunno, but as soon as I heard it I hightailed out of there. I love the new teleport to stairs function.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

I think I made a mistake picking Normal difficulty :(. Getting my rear end handed to me by the trash mobs in the first dungeon. Granted i'm not losing, but I can only clear like a floor or two before I have to go sleep for the night and heal up. Why do I have to be so bad at RPGS :qq:

But the game is loving awesome though. It's heartwarming too in a weird way. You can tell the designers just love the world they work in.

Some basic advice:

1) SWITCH YOUR PARTY MEMBERS TO DIRECT COMMANDS. I cannot stress this enough, your guys are too stupid to be left to their devices.

2) If you see a new enemy, find their weakness first. Always make sure your main character can cast the elemental spells your party members cannot, especially the wind-elec-fire-ice quartet.

3) L-button is analyze, and will show you what something is weak to if you've hit them with it before. R-button will show you which person/shadow is going next.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Holy crap they made a little Mother's Day Nanako event.

Nanako, the most :smith: Persona character.

It was sad but I told her we could still give her mom the flowers (i.e. put them on the family altar) and she was really happy her mom could enjoy them. :unsmith:

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Better than the band at least.

I actually picked band because holy poo poo Yumi's drama is annoying.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

RentCavalier posted:

I liked the obscure Japanese culture/history questions because they kind of emulated any of those obscure facts you are expected to know in High School but never can.

So far the questions still seem to include obscure Japanese facts, but they're guessable obscure Japanese facts. One of the questions asks how Soseki Natsume translated "I love you" from English, but the answer sticks out since it's "The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?"

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I've really warmed up to Chie's new VA. She can be a little loud but for the end of her S. Link and any romantic stuff she's really good. There's just the right mix of hesitancy, hope, and dorkiness. I really wasn't planning on doing Chie for romance again since I did her in the original P4 but the VA nailed the "I want to protect you" line so hard I decided to roll with her again.

Which is really to my detriment since I feel too guilty to go the pimp route, but eh, that's life.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Did you read the cards she wrote in the bamboo thing she brings home around June with her wishes and what she's thankful for? I think it's new to Golden.

Nanako continues to be the most depressing thing

Dredging this up from two pages back, but what did Nanako wish for in your game? I have a sneaking suspicion it's different depending on what you wish for, because her's were hardly depressing in my game. I wrote "I hope to play with Nanako more" or something like that, and the wishes on the tree from her were something like "I hope dad doesn't get hurt" and "I want to spend more time with big bro".

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

RentCavalier posted:

My god, even the dinner table has actual distinct items that look like actual recognizable food and they let you walk around like right away and...what's happened to my Persona 4? Did this game somehow get a budget!?

Once you do the Hermit model-building quest, go up to your shelf and put the model there. You can actually zoom and rotate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

kethryveris posted:

Huh. The new cutscenes actually change depending on if you've got a Romance link with a party member or not.

August spoilers:
I maxed Yukiko early (July), so she called and asked if I wanted to go to the festival the day after the whole group went. Then the firework event at the end of August happened and Yosuke was whining about Teddie cockblocking him at the festival. I got a choice about saying "Yeah, it was different" or "It's easier with guys" and I picked the first one. Yosuke was all "Wait, you went again with someone?" My MC looked at Yukiko and she got flustered, and then he got flustered, and everyone kept looking between the two of them. It was adorable. :3:

Awwww man, I got Chie's festival event but I didn't realize picking the first one would trigger that. Chie's festival event is adorable tho, especially if you wish for you two to get closer.

• Locked thread