Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Can't wait to get this.

Just a heads up, I posted this in the general Vita thread, but I think it's more apt here, if you ordered the P4G Solid Gold Edition from Amazon and your estimated delivery date was changed to the 19th of Dec, there's still hope! Mine is actually Shipping Soon now, which means they've charged me for it. Don't cancel those orders just yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
So this is my first time playing P4. I'm finally at the part where you can actually, you know, play the game. I'm getting stomped pretty hard on the like third floor of the first dungeon (WHAT THE gently caress IS A POSITIVE KING?), but this is just the first real day I could choose what to do.

So when you grind in this game, do you just grind XP until you run out of healing items completely? Or should I just hang in there and try to get as many levels out of it I can? Like is there a good rule of thumb for when you're "done" grinding for that day? I plan on doing some more S.Link stuff the next day.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
So I have a question about the first dungeon? Yukiko Dungeon? So I'm basically finally going back in for the second time after a long string of social links, but my main concern is this:

I fought the miniboss, that knight guy. Pretty easy, managed to get a critical hit on him and panic him and then just killed him. Now I'm on floor 6. poo poo is starting to get kind of real, my characters are level 12ish. There are 2 more days of rain. Basically without spoiling plot beats or anything am I hosed? Do I have a long line of grinding ahead of me? Or is this first string of rain a fake out (As in a lot of rain but it won't get foggy)? This is at the end of April. Also, will there be a save point before the actual boss of the dungeon?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

DarkHamsterlord posted:

It will get foggy after the rain stops, but I wouldn't say you're hosed. Yukiko's Castle is only 8 floors (I think), so work your way up to the top and try to fight the boss. If you can't beat it, you can go back down and grind on the previous floor for a bit. Don't be afraid to use items to restore your HP and SP if you don't have time to leave the TV to refill.

There won't be a save point on the top floor, but if you die you can resume from the beginning of that floor (which is made up of a door and a boss fight) so you don't have to worry about losing.

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, I guess hosed was a little harsh. I should likely be OK.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
So as someone who has never played before, should I just kind of go nuts fusing personas after a certain point, like when my roster gets full?

Like I have no strategy and don't necessarily want to go to a guide, but if that's a good way to get screwed then it would be good to know.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

King of Solomon posted:

Pretty much fuse whenever you're able to. There's no real good reason to hold back. If your roster fills up, hit the next floor and use a Goho-M, you'll have enough of them if you pay attention to your inventory.

Awesome, time to go fuse crazy...well...with what I have.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Couple questions:

Finished the first real boss last night, been following the GiantBomb endurance run (only watching the vids of things I've passed) and that first boss looks way more annoying in the PS2 version. Even some mechanics were altered. Is this a difficulty thing (I'm playing on normal) or did they just make changes to all the bosses?

Also how is the Anime? I'm considering getting the blurays of it, but I'm wondering if I should finish the game first or if they are even worth it.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Dr Pepper posted:

They rebalanced that fight for Golden because it was way to hard for the point of the game it's at in the PS2 version.

That makes sense, because goddamn that looked frustrating.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
How much studying should I be doing for midterms? I've studied almost every night (since hearing about midterms, and a couple nights before when no one is running around outside), but this Saturday before midterms I kind of want to just hop into the TV and tool around. I'm not sure what my Knowledge skill is though.

I'm not looking to do everything EXACTLY RIGHT, but since the first boss it's been all social all the time, so I kind of want to take one day to hop into the TV and see what's going on in there, maybe grind a bit.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Strange Quark posted:

You can only get the top score if you have Knowledge maxed out (whether you decide to study at all or not), which isn't likely to happen if you're frantically studying prior to midterms. I generally only do it when I have absolutely nothing else to do (like when it's raining and you get bonus Knowledge points studying in the library) or want to study with my IT friends for bonus S. Link points.

Then it looks like it's time to grind! Granted it is raining today...but gently caress it, I feel the itch to destroy some shadows.

Nate RFB posted:

E: Don't forget to read! There is a book that doubles the rate your Knowledge increases when you study.

Yeah I did the Courage book, I guess I'll get that one next.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I've got a question:

If you can reach and fight a boss early, before it even starts raining, should you do it? Currently I'm parked right outside the Kanji boss in the bath house and I almost beat him the first time. It's not even raining in the game world yet I basically went here the third day after the event started. Overall, should I wait until the last day to beat bosses, or can it be just fine to beat them early?

• Locked thread