Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
Too cool for coats. :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
My main interactions with this game before Golden were the anime and the giantbomb endurance run, but neither of those really gave much time to Kanji and after (pretty much) finishing Golden he's my favorite character. He's so great and Troy Baker is just perfect. :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009
It always just came off as teasing to me. I always felt that she sort of respected Kanji because he never treated her different because she was an idol.

KoB
May 1, 2009
In case anyone was wondering Very Easy is as-advertised. I cleared dungeons in a single day, pretty much killed enemies in one or two rounds so I never ran out of SP and hit lvl99 in Void Quest I think :v: (I did a few extra bosses, no other grinding). Im not sure who very easy was built for but its definitely beatable by anybody ever.

I already knew the story so I didnt mind too much, I mostly wanted to see the S-links to completion. Now I started a new game using the custom difficulty sliders.

KoB
May 1, 2009

smenj posted:

I have been known to simply power through most RPGs without bothering with these too much, so I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

Especially the Hit/Evasion one. If the enemy buffs themselves or debuffs you with it, you will miss. A lot.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nessa posted:

I had brought it up earlier, but just as a personal preference. I hate Yosuke and Teddie is essentially a child.

Well Kanji is the best so problem solved :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Persona protagonists are basically horrible jerks. Reading other peoples' mail, dating four girls who all live in the same dorm, sexing up a nurse at work.

Hey, that nurse sexed me up.:colbert:

It was mutual.

Whatever.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Troy Baker, of course, is more or less reprising his Saints Row role here.

Pretty much just default Troy Baker.

KoB
May 1, 2009

alcharagia posted:

You'll get Fool, Magician, Chariot, Priestess, Star, Hermit, Lovers, Justice, and Judgement through the main story.

Strength and Sun you should already have, and Hanged Man will be available through a similar event at some point. Moon is available through getting Strength rank 4.

Temperance, Devil (requires Diligence level 3 or so,) and Tower (requires maximum Understanding) are available through the bulletin board for jobs in the shopping district. Death is available once you get Devil rank 4.

Emperor and Fortune are unlocked by talking to the requisite party members that you don't have yet around the school, but Fortune requires maximum Courage AND Knowledge.

Hierophant is accessed by just talking to Dojima at night on his days off. He gets more of them if you complete dungeons early, so make that a priority. His and Nanako's links require Expression and Understanding at certain ranks.

Empress is available at some point once you go into the Velvet Room with Rank 3 Understanding.

Moon requires lvl 2 courage or something like that as well.

Empress doesnt take time to complete. You can theoretically do it all in one day near the end if you want.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I watched the P4 anime before playing the game and I think both casts are fantastic. The tone of some characters feel different but that doesnt make them worse in my opinion. Troy Baker Kanji feels more laid back than Tomokazu Seki, Naoto is more obviously female in the English one (or, at least, Romi Paku frequently voices young men), but they all do fantastic jobs.

I enjoyed the original Chie (watching the Endurance Run on GiantBomb) but I warmed up to the new one and agree that shes more similar to the Jap. Chie.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SlenderWhore posted:

Does this mean that their titles won't be sold anymore/will go out of print? I only just discovered this series and would be super pissed if I never have the opportunity to play their past games :-/

Right now they're just restructuring. If they go into real bankruptcy/closure you'll hear about it again.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Whats a Persona game without working through teen angst? We already solved all of their problems in 3 and 4.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Most likely Sega will go "You guys make money, keep on doing that" and leave them alone.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Atlus is going to go where the Japanese will go (PS4).

e: If its next-gen at all.

KoB fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 20, 2013

KoB
May 1, 2009
Jack Frost, ho.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

Well gently caress. I looked at two guides and I guess they must both have been going by an original Japanese name or something. It was a name I didn't recognise, which is why I thought it was a character I'd completely missed.

Good to know. Thanks.

All the names are the same, so that cant be it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

the truth posted:

Who is Yu?

Edit: must be what you named your guy

I think he meant Charlie Tunoku.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Atlus USA projected 150k sales for the PS2 version of P4 when it launched. Even combined with the numbers from Golden, I don't think P4 has even cracked a million copies in North America.

1 Million is a lot. Unless youre Mario you never get close to a million in Japan.. Getting 1 million sales on a localization isnt bad at all!

KoB
May 1, 2009

The Grimace posted:

Maybe! Keep playing, because it plays into the plot. To say anything more would be spoiling big time, I will say this because it's simple and honest: Kanji is a very complex and well-thought out character. He's great.

Kanji is the best character so be sure to bro out with him as much as possible.

KoB
May 1, 2009

UberJumper posted:

gently caress i can't take this anymore after i read about all the awesome more stuff Persona 4 Golden has, i just.. have to buy a PSVita for that game. I just have to do it, Persona 4 is so good.

:allears:

*EDIT* Also Chie is so awesome :allears:

One of us.

KoB
May 1, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

Actually no, wait, I change my mind. She's definitely a tsundere archetype and all that, but I've seen much worse.

That doesnt make her any less terrible.

KoB
May 1, 2009

UberJumper posted:

I managed to clear Kanji's dungeon on the first day it was made available. I blew through every single soul item i had, as well as all my tap soda. However those little tomatoes were so key. Does this just mean i get a bunch of extra days to just hangout with people?

Dungeons tie up your friends with being all WE SHOULD GO SAVE THE PERSON instead of bro-ing out with you. So beating it quickly frees them up to hang.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

I still think her Valentine's scene is the best because of it. Chie's really one of the best party members in the game, save for a few really bad moments (like putting Teddie's (expensive) clothes on Yosuke's tab without permission and not even being apologetic).

Teddie and Yosuke are bros so its cool :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009
The Naoto twist probably had more weight in Japan since her voice actress probably voices more young men than women in anime.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ashtarath posted:

I generally just lurk this thread to listen to the tips and tricks you guys have and the updates from UberJumper as he worked his way through the game but how could anyone possibly interpret those scenes with Yosuke so completely wrong. :psyduck:

Like, Teddie and Yosuke are two teenagers living in the same house. Of course they give each other poo poo, they're loving teenagers. Teenagers joke around give each other poo poo, its 50% of what they do. Especially when Teddie and Yosuke probably know each other better than the other kids do.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

You know, in your heart, who is best girl

steaksteaksteaksteaksteak

KoB
May 1, 2009

A Bystander posted:

Alright, place you spent the most time at that mattered.

Aiya :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

I was sitting next to him when it happened. Unless he misclicked during the y/n conversation option and we both missed it, that was literally what happened.

No idea whether he flirted with Anders beforehand though. He min/maxes relationship options most of the time by agreeing with everyone on literally everything so it's entirely possible he did it without really realising, just to get those sweet, sweet mechanical bonuses.

EDIT: Yeah, I romanced morrigan in DA:O and suddenly Leliana flipped her poo poo at me. I ended up telling her "Ok, won't do it ever again" and never spoke to her again. During the final act, she once again pretended she was my girlfriend. We never even hugged or kissed, drat it.

He chose the middle giant Heart option.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Wiseblood posted:

In ME3 there's dialog to hit on Joker at one point as female Shepard and he's the only one to point out how inappropriate that is. Joker, the guy who wants to gently caress a robot.

Technically only Ashley, Kaiden, and Vega are in the military structure, everyone else are just civilians tagging along. So while youre still in a position of power over them as the Captain, its not like theyre soldiers at least.

Still inappropriate.

KoB
May 1, 2009

UberJumper posted:

I am assuming they changed that for the english dub? In the english dub Yu seems to just not care at all if Kanji is in the same tent as them?

The anime has a bunch of weird random changes, that i don't really get.

Yu is also down to joke around like in the Hotel scene too.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cannot Find Server posted:

If you can't see why using Jack Frost through the whole game would be awesome, there is no hope for you

Im Jack Frost ho!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Really Pants posted:

What level are your Personas? Did you use Tarukaja, Rakunda, and Mind/Power Charge?

The title of this thread should be :siren:Buffs and Debuffs are actually good for once:siren:

KoB
May 1, 2009

A cool drat horse posted:

Jesus, I wish I had went with Ayane

No you dont.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Also be sure to hang with Kanji because hes the best.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Atlus is supposedly revealing release date info for Persona 5 today, at the Taipei Game Show

Fans also voted Yosuke as best P4G character, Japan is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
The menus in that trailer are slick as gently caress.

e:

KoB fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 5, 2015

• Locked thread