Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Did they do a better job dubbing new parts of the game? P3PSP drove my OCD incredibly nuts by having varying volume/quality levels between original voiced parts and the newer dubs.

I don't really care about new voice actors per say, as long as their recording quality matches the rest of the original footage. If there's an obvious volume difference or something, that will drive me crazy!

It seems like they did a much better job this time, no jarring volume discrepancies that I've heard. Chie feels like she might be slightly louder than everyone else, but I think that's just because she's yelling constantly.

(also Chie's new voice is awesome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Schubalts posted:

This is a great representation of the old fusion system. So many fusions lost to reflexes.

e: So many Yu's on the SOS system. :allears:

e2: Ohhh, the more people that send you aid, the more HP and SP you recover from it.

I'm shocked that I haven't seen a single Charlie yet.

e: I love that they brought over the "make stupid phrases from preset choices" thing from Arena. It has absolutely no purpose as far as I can tell but I guess Atlus realized they had a comedy goldmine with it.

Troffen fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 23, 2012

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Since harder difficulties don't change the amount of EXP you get

Actually very hard does this and it suuuucks. I got most of the way through Yukiko's dungeon before I said gently caress it and started over. I got to the point where I was using a Goho-M every floor to save because literally every other random encounter was killing me. So it's either a total slog because your MC is getting 1-shotted constantly, or it's a total slog because you're grinding so you aren't getting 1-shotted constantly.

It probably gets better if you stick it out a little longer but I don't have the patience.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

There are bubbles all under the opaque part of my skin but they're not too noticeable and at least the screen is clear. I'll take what I can get :shobon:

Dr Pepper posted:

Troy Baker is pretty much the best and the main reason I played Arena dubbed.

Also Labrys.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Anyone playing a fresh new game on very hard? I saw that it's just except with .4 coefficients on XP/Gold gain, and it didn't look like the mode for me. Then I started running into rescuing people and the experience you get from that to compensate, so now I am not so sure. I almost always play Persona games on Hard modes these days, except when they multiply the fusion book costs exponentially (because I really do like fusing).

I tried Very Hard and eventually gave up on it. I'm sure it gets more manageable if you tough it out until your options start opening up, but the first few hours are just torture. You're not going to make it through Yukiko's dungeon without a good amount of grinding and a lot of game overs.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also random question, that I'm honestly not even sure will have a answer outside of "they got lazy." but how come in half the animated cutscenes Teddie's mouth doesn't move at all? It's really, really strange.

Teddie's mouth never moved in the original cutscenes, but it does in the new ones, same in the anime and fighting game. I guess they decided it looked kinda creepy.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

The GIG posted:

I don't remember them doing it for the Fighting game though? His talk sprite's mouth never moves.

In actual matches it does, I dunno about the story mode.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Teddie spoilers
In the "going to the beach" and "concert at Junes" cutscene's he's opening it, changing expressions, etc. He also does it in battles. But during two of the bigger cutscene he just talks while frowning.

Not a big deal, just found it odd is all.

Yeah those two cutscenes are new in Golden, so they have the new, more-animated Teddie.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

There's one that doubles courage boosts from working at the hospital, and one that doubles boosts from eating at Aiya. I haven't actually read that one yet but if it doubles the rainy day beef bowl that would be pretty nuts.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Some people just can't appreciate the hardships of playing trombone in high school.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Larsson posted:

December spoilers:

Does the game still fast-forward to Christmas Eve if you complete Adachi's dungeon early?

A simple yes or no would suffice.

Yep.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

They really did a great job capturing the characters' personalities in the way they text.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Yukari posted:

Speaking of those golden hands, has anyone else had the issue of one or two of them running off on their first turn? Because sometimes, the combat will go like the following.

Preemptive Strike: Megidaolaon, anything, anything, anything. Hand uses masukukaja. 2 other hands instantly run away. MC megidaolaon for killing any remainders.

If you have a party member with ma/sukunda, use that and the hands will cast masukujaka twice, stopping one of them from running. Other than that, I think it just comes down to luck (or killing them in one turn).

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

You can re-buy any persona from the compendium for a fee. Fuse away!

Also if you have a persona with a skill set you like, you can "register" it in the compendium so it'll have the same skills/levels when you re-buy it.

efb

Troffen fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 12, 2012

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Wait a second, you can't use your costumes in the February dungeon?? I don't give a drat about silly gameplay gimmicks, this is easily the worst part of this dungeon. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

And I just got the Guardian weapon for Kanji. Now I can't even see it in all its fishy glory? :negative:

• Locked thread