Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Teddie what are you doing there. Teddie get down from there this instant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Yeah, someone in the SMT thread said that had been there for months anyway.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Just finished Persona 3 FES after stubbornly plowing through it for like a week straight. I didn't like it as much as Persona 4 (which I finished a few months ago and really really enjoyed), but after the rough beginning end-ish of the beginning(?) I kinda enjoyed it. But boy I was glad to finish, holy crap. The last two blocks of Tartarus were kind of turning into a slog, and some of the guardian bosses in those last few parts were...well...not...fun. At least the final boss was great (until the end where it all goes to hell, thank you AI).

I am attempting to talk my stubborn self out of playing The Answer. I sat through the opening cutscenes, was actually interested, then went into the first area, did one battle and said "No. I just can't do this anymore. gently caress this." and quit the game. Someone please validate my decision before I inevitably go back in.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Iceclaw posted:

Honestly, if the first area didn't grab you, you made the good call. Go read the LP in the archives, you'll get the story without losing your will to live and/or your reticence to injure another human being.

I can't find The Answer on the LPs in the archive. I don't think anyone did it.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Read a plot summary then go listen to Heartful Cry on YouTube.

I will admit the new music tracks (track? I couldn't tell) I heard in the beginning were pretty good. Except for the new Mass Destruction which was kinda eh.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

How the gently caress was I supposed to know it was a separate entity, it's not even labeled "Persona" :psyduck:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

If I had access to a PSP or a Vita there is no way in loving hell I would have willingly forced myself through FES. The ability to control your party members is something you sort of take for granted until you play a game without it.

It doesn't seem like that big of an issue at the beginning but then you get Mitsuru and discover her love for Marin Karin and you want to die inside. There's specific tactic options, sure, but they all have their own little quirks and it's real drat easy to forget to switch them mid-battle.

Honestly though nothing is nearly as bad in that regard as how the AI behaves during the final form of the final boss when it comes to...that one thing it does. Boy loving howdy.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

After their respective boss fights, it pretty much spells out that the whole point was simply "I just want to be accepted". I thought that was pretty obvious but apparently it didn't hammer that in enough for some people.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The Leper Colon V posted:

Yeah, man. That person who hasn't finished playing through the whole game yet is so dumb for not knowing how the character ends up developing, am I right?

No one was really calling anyone dumb? :confused:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Honestly, as much as I whined about the AI in P3P while I was playing it, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, and probably could have been pretty okay if Mitsuru didn't have such an obsession with Marin Karin.

The AI at the final boss though. Holy loving moly, I almost had an aneurysm. Who thought Moonless Gown was a good idea in a game where you can't control your teammates directly?

Also I read an LP and thought The Answer's story was "just okay" but gently caress I'm not doing another several hours of consecutive dungeon running. And no Compendium? gently caress that.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 24, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

It's still in FES.

Are you sure? I never had party members change stuff on me, ever. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

EDIT: Talking to your party members to change equipment is still in, yeah, but I'm wondering about that other thing that I didn't know could even happen :psyduck:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 24, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I didn't really have a big problem with Ken. I did read about his Social Link in P3P and went "Hmm. Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmm."

But ignoring things that no one wants to talk about, ever, I didn't have a problem with Ken.

I was indifferent about Aigis at first but reading through the Arena LP, I grew to kinda like her a bit.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Mind if I ask what the deal is with this Ken dude and why his S-Link is so bad?

Ken is a little kid and I guess some people didn't like his attitude or personality or whatever.

His S-Link with the Female Protagonist of P3P can end in a relationship. Considering he is, again, a kid, I don't think I have to say any more about that.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Persona Q is apparently coming to NA Fall 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdW_Y46DXiA

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

SMTIV has probably the best fusion system, even though at times it can be a bit too powerful. You can let it search the compendium for fusion material, but the combinations become so vast it often can't find anything so you have to continuously narrow down your criteria.

All it needed was a checkbox that let you search for ONLY demons that you can fuse according to your level. Sometimes I don't care about demons I'll be able to fuse eventually, I wanna see what I can fuse right now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm going to assume you mean the true final boss, in which case: When the boss uses Stagnant Air and Mind Charge, guard. The next turn it will inflict a bunch of random status effects and then kill anyone who has one. You're immune if you block.

I never caught on to that because I always spammed Debilitate which pretty much neutralized the threat. :doh:

But seriously if you have Debilitate, always be using it. It turns the final boss into nearly a joke.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

edit: oh and for the love of god, do the Hermit s-link. You won't need it by the end of the game but you'll hate yourself for a long time if you don't.

This. Oh my god, this. I played the original and didn't do as many social links as I should have, and even though I left Hermit at Rank 1, I didn't have a problem for pretty much all of the game.

And then the last day came and I had a very, very big problem. :shepicide:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Zoness posted:

Psh, look at this guy who didn't even have Victory Cry by the end of his first playthrough.

I played Persona 3 FES after Persona 4, and even if I didn't like it nearly as much, I think I played 3 more "correctly" than I did 4. I was very stupid when I played 4. :shepface:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 11, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

This is what literally everyone who played Persona 4 thinks.

Oh good I thought it was just me. I swear to god that I've heard Naoto in something else before but since her VA is a complete mystery, this nagging feeling in the back of all of our minds will go unanswered forever.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

UberJumper posted:

Is there actually any reason for her to be uncredited?

If I remember right, they're mostly all uncredited because of voice actor guild poo poo or whatever. But no voice actor has ever said anything to take any sort of credit for her.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

UberJumper posted:

:staredog: The form of the final boss :staredog:

How about that loving music. It's rad as gently caress especially when it kicks into the remix of Reach Out to the Truth.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

things like Naoto's novel.

Please don't cite this as an example. People might discover it exists and they might try to read it. :ohdear:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

So in general, how useful are skills that inflict status ailments? I've always passed them up in Vanilla, but am I missing out on anything?

I almost never used status ailments and stuck mostly to buffs/debuffs which are definitely effective.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I didn't. :downs: I felt very silly when the flashback came and everything made sense all of a sudden.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Neurion posted:

It's interesting, though, that the P3 Protag and Pharos/Ryoji also shared a VA.

I thought that was kind of the point because Pharos was, in essence, a part of MC and Ryoji mirrored that part. At least that's what I took away from P3. The VA thing could have just been a coincidence but I doubt it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The thing that gets me is neither voice actor sounds like a great fit for Chie, yet in completely different ways.

Newer Chie is better, though.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I just discovered the Reorder Skills function, Persona 4 Golden is now truly perfect.

I'm so mad Shin Megami Tensei IV doesn't have this outside of fusing demons. Irrationally furious.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

This most likely coincides with the Bad Ending of the game, where if you have no girlfriend, Youske calls you screaming that people are turning into shadows

Except that doesn't happen and it's always Naoto soooo...:geno:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I switched out Yosuke for Teddie pretty quick but kept Yukiko and Chie.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

lol remember the one guy who was flabbergasted that he'd agreed to date Yukiko?

How do you accidentally date Yukiko???? The option is loving literally between "Because we're friends" and "Because I like you" (and one other dumb one I think).

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Didn't he somehow stumble into a relationship with all of the female party members despite deliberately trying not to?

I hope he was at least intending to date Chie because you literally ask to be her boyfriend. You have to be not paying attention or drop your controller and hit X accidentally or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

same, but chie instead

what the gently caress is this poo poo

• Locked thread