Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
How much more difficult/easier is catching Guardians in Golden than in Vanilla? Because I am a lovely button masher on a controller, and I want to be able to complete the Fox's request when I finally pick up a Vita. It was pure dumb luck when I pulled it off in my first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Oh thank Philemon, I don't know if I could have dealt with that bullshit again. It's a shame, because fishing in real life is way more fun.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

UberJumper posted:

:staredog: The form of the final boss :staredog:

It owns bones

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Endorph posted:

Iunno, the impression I got is that while that dude was kind of a creep the idol industry is something Rise legitimately enjoys, warts and all.

Same, though I didn't get the creepy vibes from Inoue. He seemed like he had accepted Rise's retirement on some level and was going through the re-recruitment as a formality, or as simply a part of his job as an agent.

I dunno, that's just me.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

You need to rewatch 7 to 8 if that's what you think. Dude is out and out pulling her strings deliberately.

gently caress Inoue seriously.

Looking back, yeah, you're right.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So in general, how useful are skills that inflict status ailments? I've always passed them up in Vanilla, but am I missing out on anything?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I thought as much, thanks.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Ailments are a pain in the rear end, because you have no way to tell if an ailment attack just missed or if the enemy was resistant or immune to it.

They're always effective against your teammates, of course!

They should have added a hidden soda machine in Golden that sells Amrita Soda. But they didn't.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Instead you get to raise Hiranya Cabbages with Nanako, and Rise will just go NOPE when ailments hit you. Much better.

Speaking of cabbage, thank you for teaching me that the shovel is the best weapon. Once I get a hold of a Vita and Golden, I'm going to get it the first chance I get.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, I go to the store, buy a used Vita and a copy of Persona 4 Golden, get home, and it turns out I can't play because I don't have a memory card. There are three types of cards, which one do I need?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hahah I made that same mistake. You want the biggest one you can afford.

So probably a 4GB card. But there's also something called a PS Vita card that isn't the same as a memory card, which is why I'm confused.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

You want a memory card.

Good to know! Thanks!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Wow, Chie's new voice is way more tolerable when I'm listening to it through earbuds.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

UberJumper posted:

Honestly i just think Chie's voice got way more tolerable, after the first in game month. Even during my second play through i really disliked her voice in the first few scenes with her.

Yeah, my main gripe with her voice was that the actress seemed to be overacting a lot, but I'm halfway through May now and she's settled down.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I downed the Nice Guy, and allowed Chie to use Galactic Punt. She targeted Shadow Kanji, and for just a moment, I thought the battle would end there.

But it only did about 120 damage instead.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Something I learned yesterday: Yoshitsune is basically the "Win" button.

I mean, I'd heard people say that same thing countless times, but it's one thing to hear it, and another to actually experience it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, it's late January, and I've gotten everyone's ultimate personas except Rise's. Now, I romanced her, so when I go to talk to her in the first floor hall, the only option I get is to spend time with her. Am I screwed out of getting Kouzeon (I started the ultimate persona scenes a little late since I was finishing up Naoki's social link)?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

Has she approached you during lunchtime yet? I remember they don't all unlock on the same day. If she has, just spending time should do it.

e: beaten

poo poo, I can't remember. But it's the 27th right now.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, it turned out that I got a lunchtime request from everyone except Rise, and she finally asked me on the 3rd. That was weird.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, I'm partway through the Hollow Forest, and much to my surprise... I'm enjoying it. This is actually a really fun dungeon.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, uh, I just steamrolled the Heaven's Giant in the Hollow Forest. Was Really Pants lying about how hard it was, or did I just get lucky?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Hey, I never said he was hard. He's just aggravating with all his stat mods and ailments.

Then again, I've found that there's not much that can stand against a Mind Charged Wind Boost+Wind Amp Magarudyne coming off a magic stat of 70.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

Is the 8-Bit Hero fight supposed to be excruciatingly long and slow, or was I doing it wrong somehow?

I was also surprised to feel myself feeling like a jerk for shooting down Ayane.

It's the first real challenge the game throws at you, which means it will be long and slow.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Good lord, this "Loud Old Man" in the epilogue is pretty bombastic.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Level 39 is high enough to fuse Black Frost, which has endgame-level resistances and skills including Mind Charge.

Black Frost is unfair. I fused him for the S-link and for Mitsuo's dungeon, and a bunch of shuffle times later, he had Agi/Bufudyne, Fire/Ice Amp, Null Physical, Mind Charge, and a magic stat of over 50. I eventually had to retire him because he was steamrolling everything.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I just discovered the Reorder Skills function, Persona 4 Golden is now truly perfect.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Black Frost just massacred Shadow Yukiko, goddamn :staredog:

Mind Charged Bufudynes ain't nothin' to gently caress with

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Don't know if this has been discussed in the thread yet, but it turns out that Adachi does, in fact, have a fixed schedule, only it's month-based rather than weekly.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Of course he has a fixed schedule. :raise: It wouldn't make any sense for it to be random.

I was under the impression that a lot of people had trouble pinning him down. Ah, well.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Are Dancing Hands (the ones that drop Thick Hides) the rarest thing in the Steamy Bathhouse? Because I've been combing the place for nearly 2 and a half hours now (maybe more) and have only gotten 1 Thick Hide.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

Yes, they're a loving nightmare to farm. They appear from floors 5-8, though IIRC the ones on floor 5 are best because they appear two at a time.

Well, thank christ that I only need the five hides from them.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

You could also ignore that quest, none of the side quests are worth the effort. A few do get you outfits if that's your thing but I'd just look up how to get those if you want them.

I suffer from crippling video game-related OCD, and cannot help myself.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Does anyone know where I can find a list of which social links are out on what nights (I'm talking about the nighttime chats that don't actually advance the link)?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

xarph posted:

All my physical personas are "str", is that not right?

No, that's right. Try to get one with Null Physical, then, if at all possible.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, I've been following a guide for the social links, and every so often I'll pick an option that says it'll give me the max points with a matching persona, and then it'll give me one less. I've got the right persona for it, so I don't know what's happening. Is this an issue for anyone else?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Which options are they, specifically?

Well, I just did Kanji's rank 2, in Aiya's. It said that picking "Apologize to her" with an Emperor persona equipped gives 3 points-- but I only got 2 musical notes, even though I had King Frost equipped.

I've noticed it elsewhere, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Is there a schedule to the stat-boosting meals Aiya sells (not the rainy day beef bowl)? Or is it random?

• Locked thread