Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Doesn't the game tell you HEY NO TURNING BACK NOW CHAMP right before those choices? The only even mildly confusing one is Rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

UberJumper posted:

I told her i "liked her", it was only the rank 8->9, so i thought i had some more time. Then the game told me i was in an intimate relationship. Can.. i romance... Kanji?

You told a teenage girl you like liked her.

But yeah, almost all the relationships kick in before the final rank I believe, though Ai is kinda tricky in that regard.

Also no you can't. No Yosuke or Teddie, either. I know. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Dating Naoto isn't what bros do.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Teddie's like if an impressionable five year old grew up only seeing the game's dungeons and shadows (aka hosed up weird poo poo + teen sex issues) and thought it was perfectly normal.

e: vvv How do you keep doing this by accident??

Looper fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 19, 2014

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
You don't actually need to level up Tower to get the super amazing persona, it just makes it easier to get that broken persona's broke-rear end skill.

Also don't worry about Hanged Man right now. He's an rear end in a top hat anyway!

e: Actually the best advice I can offer is "Don't worry about it! You'll be okay. :) "

Looper fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 21, 2014

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Nah I agree. If it didn't loop all the way back to the beginning of the buildup and instead stuck with a longer remix, it would've worked way better.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

So I've just gotten access to the Hollow Forest dungeon, since I'm assuming that its an optional dungeon it probably has a few gimmicks, is there anything I should be aware of when exploring it?

In boss news, Ameno Sagiri was an amusing boss with a hilariously deep voice, not a very difficult fight but I was using Satan as my main persona during it!

Just open every treasure chest you find and you'll be fine. It's probably easier with a magic-heavy team, but I roll with Chie and Kanji and still didn't have any problems. Don't be afraid to back out for some foxy healing if you need it, though! The dungeon gives you plenty of gohomes so go crazy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

That's cool I guess but where's the official Mega Beef Bowl?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
My tips:
-use the secret service costumes
-use the power rangers costumes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RadicalR posted:

And give up the Dojima costume? What is WRONG with you?

If the entire team could be Dojima, things'd be different

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
There's some supplementary stuff on the tv menu about Jungian psychology 101, if you're curious

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The only character I haven't tried is Teddie, but I feel like everyone in P4 is pretty well balanced in what they can and can't do for the most part, even if the midgame is awkward for some people

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Most of the spells draw from ancient languages, mainly Sanskrit, but I've never been able to find what the buffs/debuffs mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Dumped that bitch for Kanji because he started out 7 levels higher and we bro'd our way through the whole game.

Chie and Kanji are both good party members, I think

• Locked thread