Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Flytrap posted:

So has anyone ever tried grinding up Izanagi using the stat boosting and move upgrading cards? Can't imagine it would be worth, but I have to imagine someone on the internet has tried it by now.

Not sure if it's spoilers or not since it's an optional fight in New Game +, but someone did something similar on youtube.

Some guy on Youtube did max level for all three variations of Izanagi in the new game plus fight against Margret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

Is the 8-Bit Hero fight supposed to be excruciatingly long and slow, or was I doing it wrong somehow?

I was also surprised to feel myself feeling like a jerk for shooting down Ayane.

If it's your first Persona game it can be a really long painful battle. I know the first time I played it on Vanilla P4 it took me an hour and a half and then I lost because of the instant-kill move for fear. Was really frustrated after that, but I leveled and fused a few more personas and came back and beat it in about 45 mins.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can't recall exactly, but off the top of my head, a few that I remember:

Monday: Kanji, Daisuke (not sure if Kou is also available, likely yes)
Tuesday: Ai, Chie
Wednesday: Naoto
Thursday: Yosuke?
Sunday: Yukiko

I know Music/Drama is available near the bus stop, but I honestly can't remember. It might be Thursday. I could be off on most of these - at the very least I'm confident on Monday and Sunday.
Playing through the game first time with Golden (finished vanilla over a year an a half ago) and figured I'd add to this. Also I've seen Adachi's available on both a Sunday and a Friday so it must just be the days he's available. Also not sure if it's a set pattern or if it depends on season.

Friday: Drama (Yumi), Yukiko

edit:

Thursday: Kanji

Unclouded fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 17, 2014

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

So what level should you be for shadow Kanji? I have jack frost with bufula and take out on of the guys fairly quickly but the shadow kanji just womps me with one aoe attack.
I must have been a bit overleveled for him. (Or was basing him against his vanilla version) I beat him recently at about level 25 and didn't have any problems. Then again I exploited Tough and Nice Guy's weaknesses to fire and ice with hit everyone attacks. Also I got lucky on a card that leveled up Rakunda to Marakunda which lowered all of their defenses.

Anyway I'd recommend you have lightning suppressors on your allies (Youske is a priority) and a persona resistant or nulls lightning. I used Andra (Moon arcana) for that fight since it had Maragi and Marakunda (but rakunda works as well). Either have Youske cast Sukukaja constantly on himself and others or just have him defend most of the time as his weakness to lightning can destroy you especially late in the battle. Other than that use Rakunda to weaken the target you're focusing on and have Chie and you focus fire with Yukiko healing as necessary.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPrkBEjXJc

Japanese trailer showing off the Shadow Characters. And yes, we do get Shadow Koromaru.

You do know there's a separate thread for Persona 4 Arena 2 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Color Printer posted:

How do you accidentally date Yukiko???? The option is loving literally between "Because we're friends" and "Because I like you" (and one other dumb one I think).

I hope he was at least intending to date Chie because you literally ask to be her boyfriend. You have to be not paying attention or drop your controller and hit X accidentally or something

Because we're classmates is the third one. Also he was intending to date Chie (and only Chie) from the beginning and screwed everything else up basically. Granted he didn't accidentally screw up so bad that he was dating every possible girl but a fair number of them. (And possibly only because he wasn't high enough on Social links for them)

• Locked thread