Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This game should arrive in the mail today. I can't wait! I've only played a month or two of P3P, but didn't like the "powerpoint" interface. I'm glad this one is bringing back the full 3d from the PS2 version. And fishing! I LOVE loving fishing in games for some reason. I love little diversions that turn addicting games into more addicting time-sinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So i'm about 13 hours in, in the second dungeon or so. I am loving this game so far, but I am not seeing it as being "better" than Persona 3. There is something about P3, atmosphere or whatever, that is making me still prefer that one. I am continuing to love P4 more and more though, so that may change. I've heard lots of people talk about how much "improved" P4 is over P3, but am not seeing it. There is more "stuff" but nothing i'd outright call an improvement. Am I missing something?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mailer posted:

Well there's the fact that you can control your non-MC characters, which was the biggest improvement in the original. P4G brings in fast forward, restarting on the floor you died on, picking cards, Marie's skill cards and probably other stuff I can't remember since it's been a while. Mechanically it's an objectively better game.

In terms of atmosphere it's mixed. P4 slinks resolve with a happy ending and P3 slinks resolve with... characters who are slightly less sad. That depressed atmosphere may be what you're missing. That's why you finish P4 and immediately replay P3P.

I keep playing P4, and I keep liking it more. Possibly more than 3. Not because of the mechanics though, as I don't see the ones in 3 being a deal breaker, but the characters themselves are really growing on me.

Now...how do I level expression?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ok, so gently caress me for my previous opinion that P4 "wasn't all that" because jesus christ this game just got amazing! I just hung out in the city with Kanji and Yosuke, and they have some of the best back and forth banter and voice acting i've ever heard in any game, period. Everything Kanji says is loving comedy gold. "Up close and personal? Now I get it!" I just about spit out my coffee.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

I'm surprised this question isn't answered in the OP: Should I buy a Vita just for Persona 4: Golden? I love this game to death. It's my favorite RPG ever. Should I buy the goddamn system for one of my favorite games of all time?

Yes. I bought my Vita on the strength of P3P and P4G alone back in July. It was between that and a PS3, because i'm primarily a PC gamer and never owned a Playstation before. Plus, chances are P5 will eventually come out for Vita as well, and it almost doubles as a nice tablet pc with touchscreen, internet, music, video, pictures, etc, and has a great back catalog of PS One games on it, such as every Final Fantasy I-IX and Xenogears.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

RentCavalier posted:

Alright, I've had this game for a couple days, finally beat Gravity Rush so let's load this up...

...what the...

Inaba has...a sky box? A background? I can see the hills? There's...the backgrounds aren't blurry lumps of color...? What is this...this feeling in my chest...

could it be

joy?

My god, even the dinner table has actual distinct items that look like actual recognizable food and they let you walk around like right away and...what's happened to my Persona 4? Did this game somehow get a budget!?

Having never played the PS2 original, I now feel that I'm missing out on just how much this game has improved on it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Larsson posted:

I tried to apply the skin, but I absolutely could not get it down without some annoying air bubbles that refused to go away.

It took me a couple of tries, but the trick was to line it up on one side first, and then just guide it gently down across the face onto the other side. MOST of the bubbles should smooth out as you do this. I was able to "finger nail" the rest of them out. Perfect fit, though a bit tight over those little buttons and speaker holes.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

carry on then posted:

Alright, I have a question. I'm at the Void Quest Boss and I think I've screwed myself over. It's the second-to-last day before game over, and I'm stuck with everyone at mid-30s. I haven't actually had the game over occur yet, but I figured I was getting close so I looked up the exact date. My question is, have I ruined my save? I don't know if I can grind 10 levels for my party in one day, given that I have no reliable way to restore SP and often have all my grinding progress wiped out by a wonderful Last Resort.

If you have many yens, can you just use the Fox to restore SP?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I've been playing this off and on since it came out back in November, and shame on me for not finishing it yet. This game just keeps topping itself! Just had the beauty pageant event! This game has THE best characters and dialogue i've ever heard, i'm sure of it!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just finished this game at 74 hours. Holy poo poo. It's basically 70 odd hours of the ME3: Citadel DLC. Amazing game! Best JRPG I've played since Xenoblade.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Here is a question that i'm not sure should go into this thread. I've already beaten P4G, so am working my way through P3P now. I'm going through as the default male character because this is my first time through the game. Once I get to NG+, will I have the option of going through as female? Since the only thing you keep is your compendium and stats, I don't see why that wouldn't work, but have a feeling that's not how it's setup.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

jonjonaug posted:

That works.

Seriously! That loving rocks! Thanks!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dehry posted:

The second playthrough as a girl is refreshing. The maxed out social stats allow you to actually S.link with your teammates early. The fact you get to keep your P.Level is even better because you can quickly get everyone up to LV.99 with a bonus dungeon that opens up.

Man i'm stoked. I need to get as much as I can out of these games, because the announcement of P5 may very well make me buy a PS3 next year, just for that game.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Finally just beat P3P...drat that last boss fight took over two hours. Time for some girl-talk P3P NG+ and P4G NG+!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This is blocked at my work. Is there new info here, because otherwise the P5 announcement is old news.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Maybe not the place for this question, but has anyone heard anything new/different about the possibility of an English version of the Eternal Punishment for PSP remake? I have all the Persona games on my Vita, but want that version instead of the PSOne version. Because lets face it, the Vita is really just a portable Persona machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Last I heard, it's never ever coming out and you should give up on it.

edit: like, I mean Atlus actually said "No, that's never going to happen"

That said, I want to play through P1, and the two P2's on my Vita while waiting on P5. Will Eternal Punishment be a nightmare since it's the PSone version, or is it still a solid enough game that it'll be ok?

• Locked thread