Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

This might be the case. I've had annoying bosses unexpectedly kill me by getting a lucky weakness hit or two, but this was the first time the attacks were just straight up 'do enough damage to wipe everyone's health' after I'd gone through half the battle just fine. Now I have to beat Adachi all over again too, and very possibly just get killed by the same double Megidola. gently caress. Atlus really pisses me off sometimes. "Yeah, lets put two bosses in a row, give the second boss no lead-up and really powerful attacks, not heal the party between fights, etc. I'm all for challenge, but a lot of the time it feels more "Oh, you're not literally psychic? Die now.

There's always the chance that you're too weak to fight him level-wise and even though you've got a solid plan, that means nothing when he can drop you whenever he wants. Are you and the three members you're bringing for the fight in the 70s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Yep, they're early-to-mid 70s. Like I said, I got through more than half the fight just fine, surviving his attacks, healing, doing decent damage, etc. Then he used 2 Megidolas and I just died, immediately after using a Mediarahn. It was basically a completely unannounced mid-battle difficulty spike.

That's really drat odd then. I'd probably get everyone to go up about one or two more levels and try again. Make sure if any party member isn't going to do anything useful (i.e. if it's not worth trying to cause damage or if all buffs are up) for the round that they just block and to make sure that your own Personas are up to snuff. Two Megidolas in a row is the shittiest thing but there's no way to defend against that reliably. Just know that if you're strong enough to survive that, you can survive anything he throws at you.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Well, I did some leveling and fusing, tried again, and... got killed by the exact same thing. Megidola, then another Megidola. This really is utter horseshit.

For reference, he did it right after his buffs from when he put up the fog wore off.

Did you have everyone guard while their defense was buffed up? Because if so and you still died, you (unfortunately) may need to get another level or two.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

I wasn't guarding, because there was no warning. I can't just have everyone guarding every single turn.

poo poo, I misread that. Did he do that the last time with the exact same conditions?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Really Pants posted:

His routine usually goes Fog, two rounds of buffs/debuffs, then attacking. Are you Guarding everybody on the second round?

I think Atmo's saying that once the boss's buffs go down, he busts out the Megiolas, which murders him. Last I checked, the boss does a different attack twice after the Fog goes down, so that's probably not what's catching him off-guard. (Though I probably misread again.)

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

It went like this:

- fog
- couple of buffs
- fog removal, oculus beam which I survived by guarding

Then a couple more turns of standard fighting, followed by those buffs wearing off after their 3 turns and him immediately doing the Megidola x2 and killing me.

In that case, you'd probably need to weaken either his attack or hit/evasion (I've had Megidola miss about half the time when I did it)while buffing your party's defense and evasion on the same turn and hopefully getting the guard ready before the buffs wear off for both sides. I honestly don't know how else you could deal with it because while he used Megidola without warning on me, he almost never did it twice in a row. Your only other option is to grind and I'm sure you'd rather avoid that whenever possible.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Rurik posted:

Huh, what's this now? I'm trying to finish the Empress social link and I fused Yatagarasu with Megido, but Margaret doesn't accept it and says she only has "one request. I want to visit your world." I thought I'd leave this social link for last as it can be done in one go and it's March 20 now.

You mean the last possible day? Because the game won't let you. It's got to be done before you fight Adachi.

Edit: Wait, poo poo, Golden. Uh, try way before that date.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I did it, like, twice and they started to show up. Maybe they start showing up after the one mark. Why?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Different girls give you different things at certain points, I think but that's it. Kanji, along with your reserve members, will be present in story cutscenes, so he'll be there and he's the best. The game will force you to watch the MC once it's time, so don't bother with it.

e:f,b

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Wiseblood posted:

And pathetically easy to defeat.

This should go both ways. Either you make the first move count or the other side will. Or it could be a total drag of a fight as both sides try to desperately cover for each other. It could be a cool idea for a boss fight if done right.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

He wanted Raidou in but didn't say anything about Raido. :colbert:

Talking is for scrubs.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Popping in to say that fast-forward is the greatest thing about this version of the game and I'm glad that what's taken a few minutes before now takes a few seconds.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Use Kanji and Chie in the same team because magic is for losers.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Prozach posted:

Hmm, I'll think about it when I replay the game. They are my two favorites, but I didn't want it to be too imbalanced.

Whatever magic you'll ever need can easily be covered by you. If you want, you can free up fire and/or wind and just let Yukiko and Yosuke handle it while Kanji and Chie perform the most illegal moves in Persona.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

UberJumper posted:

:allears: Kanji :allears:

Does this game have some sort of romance system? If i keep being nice to Chie and it more and more seems to be moving towards some sort of ~romance~. Is this going to lead to some sort of awkward situation where Yukiko is going to hate me?

Please tell me there isn't going to be an awkward mass effect style romance thing. :negative:

There is a clear, definitive point where you can romance someone and if you accidentally accept without really meaning to do that, then I don't know, man. Also, the other girls could give less of a poo poo who you date so long as you're not a two-timer.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Until Chie gets Dragon Hustle there's zero reason to use anyone over Kanji.

Why not use both.

Also, I didn't feel guilty about Lovers and I figured that she'd be alright anyway, so

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Moon very much tricks you into thinking the first choice you have is the one, if you're smart you can avoid it. Fortune is just tricky rather than it tricks you, most people (Me included back when the game came out) were confused about how to initiate the lovers choice for that.

It'd be pretty rad if Fortune's first flag wasn't necessary considering the context but whatever, it's anime.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
You really get used to the new voice and there are parts where she's way more reserved, so I wouldn't write it off just yet.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
PS2 Chie was alright. I could imagine a teenager sounding like that because I've known a few people at my old school who were kind of close to that.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

I only tolerate Marie because she trolls the poo poo out of Rise. That makes her grudgingly okayish but she is still pretty awful.

I completely ignored Marie until December and if I'd known this, I'd have gone through her link sooner.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

It's not really worth it in and of itself but yeah my disdain for Rise means that the extent to which Marie makes Rise super mad pleases me.

Well, I was kind of in a rush since I really did only her first rank and nothing else for six months after, so I figured what the hell, let's get this over with. I don't hate Marie, she's just alright, like most everyone else.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

dragon_pamcake posted:

I just thought it was bullshit her awful poetry is the only text you can't skip in the entire game. She booby trapped the Velvet Room with her Devart account.

I just want to fuse my Personas!

Holding Triangle worked well enough.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

I really wish studying with Yosuke or Chie would improve the outcomes of their tests. That's one little touch they never gave me. :smith:

You can save the world, but you're not a miracle worker.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

UberJumper posted:

True.

Adachi's SLink just oozes akwardness. Also Kanji is amazing, can i just never talk to or use yosuke again?

If you're completely willing to pick up the slack with Wind attacks, then yeah sure.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The way I see it is that Kanji gets pissed off pretty easily over the smallest poo poo, so seeing him going for murder in a moment of passion isn't too much of a stretch for me. Yosuke has been getting poo poo on constantly over the course of the year (even though most of it is his fault) so this is probably his breaking point. Naoto, I can't get a bead on; that was really out-of-character of her.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

To be fair to her, Naoto didn't make her feelings known one way or the other, but her advocating them by pointing out the TV was really hosed up. Like they probably would've figured it was there anyways, but still that could've at least bought a few more minutes for someone to talk them down.

I dunno, I guess time spent with the group wasn't enough for her to really get to know them or some poo poo. It's the weirdest part of the scene for me and if anyone has a really good idea about it, I'd like to see it because, seriously what the hell.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Doesn't seem super complicated

Naoto may keep her emotions tightly buttoned but she's still just a kid and she still cares about Nanako and she more than anyone knows how likely he is to get off scott free. Just because she isn't visibly raging doesn't mean she's not mad as hell about Nanakos death.

I got as much from the scene but it still feels weird. Like, she's only been around with the group for about a month or two at that point and she doesn't really come across as someone who'd get along with people that quickly. I mean, I could buy it, but it's kind of a hard sell.

It's been a while since I've seen the whole scene played out without speeding through it and I fast-forwarded it this time, so my thoughts are probably dumb, though.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Teddie ate 5 topsicles! That's as many as 5 ones! And that's terrible!

This is looking more classified than a SCP foundation page.

Especially this one, holy poo poo

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If it's NG+, there should be a shortcut option or something like Punch Yosuke because, even though it takes like 5, 10 minutes tops with the fast-forward, that's still 5-10 minutes.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I wouldn't mind Yosuke's bullshit that much if it didn't mean Kanji and the MC get dragged into it too.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
About to kick the poo poo out of the final boss. Anything change w/r/t what carries over in NG+ or is it still the same as vanilla?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
So I should hock all the gems I've got lying around then?

Oh wait, whoops read that wrong, I'm dumb.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Fooley posted:

Any tips for part two of the (end game spoiler) Izanami fight? I'm fine with the first part but I just get pounded into the ground on part 2.

What team are you bringing in, for starters?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Fooley posted:

Right, Sorry. I've been using Naoto 73, Teddie 69, and Yukiko 70, with the MC at 71. I reloaded after dying so much so maybe add a couple levels when I finally get to Izanami. I've been switching between Raphael and Uriel for the most part.

I use Teddie to keep Rakunda up and use my strongest spells and I'm fine for part 1. Then when part 2 rolls around I'm dead in a couple turns :/.

This was pretty much my set-up when I did it long ago and it should work fine, considering the extra poo poo and Rise butting in every now and again:

If you've got a Chakra Ring, slap it on Naoto so that her Mind Charge -> Almighty doesn't burn a hole through her SP as quickly. If she's got a good gun, you can have her take some shots if she happens to run out so that she's not completely worthless after that. Get her to 75 since she learned Megidolaon and that, with Mind Charge, can bring you to ~300dmg/2 turns.

Yukiko is usually my main healer during the fight but the few times she was able to take a break and cast fire spells, she was pretty strong. If you want to take advantage of this, you're going to have to pick up the slack with that healing.

Since Teddie's involved, and if he's got Mediarahan and his buffs, then he should take over and that means Yukiko can bring chaos.

Overall, you're probably going to want just a few more levels to maintain a sense of challenge. If everyone gets in the high 80s/low 90s, you're probably not going to die beyond a massive gently caress-up.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

UberJumper posted:

If i hear "Senpai" one more time. :smithicide:

Rise :commissar:

You get used to it. It stops becoming a word and won't really register anymore unless someone else says it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Reminds me of that one guy who accidentally went gay in New Vegas because he couldn't pick up on the hints.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Neurion posted:

I want to hear more about this.

There's something called Confirmed Bachelor where, if chosen, gives you dialogue options with homosexual overtones. In spite of the name and the description of the skill (perk? whatever the gently caress), he went through with it and was confused as to why he could hit on dudes.

E:

UberJumper posted:

Probably a little bit of both. Oh well Yukiko i hope your ready to get your heart shattered on Valentines day.

:unsmigghh:

If you're going to go that far, you may as well go all the way and date every single girl you can for maximum douche.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 18, 2014

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I'm probably not going to do this until like the end of the week, but is the Reaper a pain in the rear end to hunt down because I've tried the whole counting chests method until I hear the chains and the jerk still isn't showing up. He was pretty easy to hunt down in vanilla and just seems more annoying to catch in Golden.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Terper posted:

Why would you ever want to date Naoto though really.

This question could be extended to anyone in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Or people could just not get into relationships but, then again, anime

• Locked thread