Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I tried to apply the skin, but I absolutely could not get it down without some annoying air bubbles that refused to go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The anime got me used to Chie's new VA. I think it suits her better as well.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I can't believe some of you are already on your NG+ file. I've only had the game two days and I just got through the first dungeon. I'm going to assume you're either skipping a lot of dialogue, or cutting out a few social links.

Speaking of, I wasn't aware that they took away save points prior to boss fights, so I was a tad nervous before fighting Yukiko's Shadow. Thankfully they nerfed her a bit. Took me three tries in the original game to take her down.

Also, I gotta give serious props to Chie's new VA. That outpouring of emotion after the fight was unreal. Don't remember anything like that in the original.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 28, 2012

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I never had the heart to do the player route in the first place. Anime girls have feelings too :smith:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Seriously, Nanako is so drat adorable that it should be illegal.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Daily reminder that Kanji loving owns.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I don't think she's that bad. I thought she'd be worse, to be honest.

I'm not that far into her social link though, so I could be wrong.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Man, Kill Rush loving owns against the Golden Hands in Rise's dungeon

Chie also providing the Revolution + Rampage boost as well.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Totally not surprised that Yosuke texts like a two year old.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Dr. Fetus posted:

I just go this game, and I heard they made like a ton of balance changes. For someone who's already beaten the original, would hard be a good starting difficulty for this version?

I'd say so, if only because I'm finding normal quite easy.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
edit

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I felt Chie got better as the months wore on in the game. Her delivery on a few lines can be absolutely grating, though.

Also, lay off Yukiko :colbert:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Zetta_Slow posted:

Alright, thanks guys!
Also, I just did Rise's and Teddie's boss fights on the first day possible, so I'm in June, am I even halfway through? I've spent hours grinding, and love it for some weird reason.

Still before the halfway point. It's a very long game.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Ugh, cheerful social link music gets me every time.

Not sure about the spell cards. I'm still in August and I've got a bit to go for my first playthrough.

Also gently caress yes, finally got max expression.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 4, 2012

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Goodness gracious. Kanji at the beach :stare:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Question for anyone who's beaten the game and gotten the true ending:

I'm aware that I have to max out Marie/do a bunch of other poo poo to achieve the true ending. How much does Adachi factor in to the true ending? I kind of hosed up in believing that his social link would only lead to the bad ending, so I didn't level it. I only recently realized that this was faulty logic on my part, and that one could achieve the true ending this way.

Right now, I have his link at level 2 on October 5th. I found out that there are only six days left in which he is available as a social link before that thing happens. Is it possible to get it to level six before he is no longer available? I'm just unaware if it requires multiple visits for each level up. If I can't do it, I'm going to say gently caress it and just do it for my NG+.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 5, 2012

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Meiteron posted:

It's not a flag for the true ending or epilogue, I'm almost 99% sure, that is only Aeon, and that is only a flag for the bonus dungeon and epilogue so if you don't finish it all you miss out on is the persona from maxing the link and the achievement for completing all links in a run. If neither of those matter to you, then just ignore it.

You still have a window to max him out but I'm pretty certain you will have to also burn a few nights at the shrine getting fortunes in order to get a level up every time you visit.

I'm not doing a full social link walkthrough. I'm skipping over the ones that don't offer anything in terms of stat boosts Moon, Death, Hanged Man, etc.

Muchos gracias. Guess I'll just save it for my next playthrough.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 5, 2012

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Naoto chews through Golden Hands like candy.

Going to roll all the ladies in my party in preparation for Nanako's dungeon, just because I can. Girl power :toot:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
To the dude appropriately named "gently caress", I appreciate all the creativity it took to put together your name, but I refuse to send you a rescue request.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I can't wait to get past 2/14 so I can read these juicy spoilers :allears:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I think I'm going to bite the bullet on my next playthrough and finally help a certain someone with their self-esteem problems :shepicide:

Also, I'd date any of the guys over Marie.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I side with Drama Club all the time, even if her forehead is the size of Mars.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Sankis posted:

If I'm in September and only have rank 2 jester (MAYBE 3) should I even bother trying to look for him anymore?

You should be fine. Just remember that Jester comes out at night for part of the S. Link.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Sankis posted:

How often is he out? I swear I haven't seen him anywhere since maybe June.

List of availabilities, as shamelessly stolen from GameFAQs:

|September| 1(Sat), 19(M), 20(Tue), 21(W), 23(F), 24(Sat), 27(Tue), 30(F)|
------------------------------------------------------------------------
|October | 6(Thu), 12(W), 21(F), 24(M), 26(W) |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
|November | 1(Tue) |

I also don't believe Jester shows up if you are in the process of completing a dungeon. I believe he shows up at night for Ranks 3-5, and at Junes for Rank 6.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
December spoilers:

Does the game still fast-forward to Christmas Eve if you complete Adachi's dungeon early?

A simple yes or no would suffice.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That Sea Guardian put up one hell of a fight, but I was too much in the end :toot:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I survived that tri-control with something like 30 HP left.

Also, I bitchslapped the poo poo out of Ameno-sagiri hard.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
edit

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Winter music owns.

Also, they really make you feel more committed to your lover relationship in this game. I guess that's why some of you goons are feeling guilty about two-timing :colbert:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Looks like I'll be finishing within the week.

Also, Kanji is so drat adorable in January :allears:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Just to make sure...does the game auto-save before I enter the TV on 2/13, or can I get back to the log cabin after going back to town?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
There was a save point inside the television. Well, that's certainly convenient.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I caught the Sea Guardian on my second try. The first try was awful and I spent like five minutes knowing I wasn't going to catch him because he was so far out.

The second time wasn't anything near that much of a struggle, although I remember it taking one or two minutes.

Best advice I can give is to just keep trying. Hold down when you're in the blue, stop holding when you're out of it, and just use your analog to keep yourself in the center as much as possible. :cool:

Dr Pepper posted:

How do you even find the Guardian's in the first place. :negative:

After you get the fish hook and some Inaba Jewel Beetles, you can fish for the River Guardian on the Flood Plain. He rarely shows up on non-rainy days, but I found him on one with some patience, and kept pulling my bait back to preserve it. If the water near your line is splashing and going crazy, get ready.

After you catch him, talk to the old man about the Sea Guardian. Same information applies, except you want to go out to the beach. You need Genji Beetles this time.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 11, 2012

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
It's much more common when it rains, but if you feel inconvenienced, you can do it on a regular day. Just keep pulling back if you know you aren't hooking it. Speaking from personal experience, it came around for me about one in every twenty tries.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Sankis posted:

My will to play this game is always sapped right as November begins.

Everything gets so depressing. Poor Nanako :(

No matter how much I know it's coming, it never fails to make me upset. Then you go home and no one's there to greet you :(

Gotta say, it worked out well in the end because I was really motivated to tear the poo poo out of that fucker.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I can't use the SOS system anymore after maxing out Rise. It just became a non-factor.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Oh my God, that boss music in Marie's dungeon. I loved the Reincarnation theme the first time I heard it on Youtube, but I didn't know that it was going to be the boss music for that dungeon. Talk about a treat.

I chose Amagidyne for Valentine's Day, even though I only had one choice because I am a chump gentleman. She was hilarious and adorable.

Now, time to read over all those previous Valentine's Day spoilers :allears:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I got her chocolate.

AlthoughNanako's masterpiece was the best part.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Moriveth posted:

Okay, I just saw "Operation Up Close And Personal."

That was... Amazing. I have to love how they made even more scenes for Yosuke to look like an rear end. And I like Yosuke! He's just such a teenager.

I like Yosuke more than others, but the dude kinda creeps me out. Especially when he asks to see your private stash early on in his social link. Like dude, some things guys just don't talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Just finished playthrough #1. A hair under 75 hours.

About the summer epilogue: Kanji and Naoto have uh, undergone some changes. :stare:

Also, Yosuke appears to be evolving into a giraffe.

Taking some time off before playthrough #2, lest I have more dreams about Golden Hands wandering around in my backyard at night.

• Locked thread