Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
I've been playing through Golden and just got Rise, but I feel like I still don't really understand fusing personas. Is the point just to collect them all and fill up your compendium? Because aside from occasionally swapping one out when I needed a fire spell instead of lightning, I haven't had much need to swap personas. Maybe I should have played on hard?

Still loving the game, though. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Ah, so it's important not only to fuse new personas, but to re-fuse existing personas that you use frequently, since they'll be more powerful. Was that ever explained in the fusion tutorials? In general, I feel like there's a lot of mystery surrounding fusion that I'm not getting.

Also, most of the more powerful personas that I can make via triple and quad fusions are like 20 levels above me.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
All right, it makes a bit more sense now. Thanks for all the advice. :)

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
In P4, should I be holding onto personas that match social links I'm trying to level? Whenever an opportunity comes up, a message always appears that says, "Since you have a persona of the _____ arcana, you might get along with this person." As far as I can tell, you can still do the social activity if you don't have a persona of a matching arcana, though. Do you get less social "points" if you don't have a matching persona?

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

UberJumper posted:

gently caress i can't take this anymore after i read about all the awesome more stuff Persona 4 Golden has, i just.. have to buy a PSVita for that game. I just have to do it, Persona 4 is so good.

:allears:

*EDIT* Also Chie is so awesome :allears:

You're making good choices, all around. Chie really is the best. :)

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Yeah, Yukiko gets crazy powerful toward the end of the game. To be honest, Chie felt a bit lacking in combat, but I always took her anyway because galactic punt never stops being hilarious, and... well, it's Chie.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

UberJumper posted:

I just listened to a clip from Chie's voice actor... :stonklol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtD6xGD9RII

:smithicide:

It took me a lot of getting used to, especially since she really overdoes her lines in the beginning of the game. but I ended up enjoying her portrayal.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I probably never would have known Teddie had a new voice actor if I hadn't been told.

Same here. I didn't dislike him, but I never really loved Teddie as a character, so I never paid much attention to his voice actor.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Old Chie definitely sounded like a middle-aged woman. I do appreciate new Chie's youthfulness, even if she is a bit forceful with her lines.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

UberJumper posted:

Yeah... about Adachi...

I am pretty sure he is the killer. I really hope i am wrong. Adachi leaves the building to get the papparazi, and Rise is apparently gone?
Just play the game, UberJumper :colbert:. Come back to the thread when it's time for NG+.

quote:

I have a question, why is everyone obsessed with Rise? Isn't she just an actress? Or is this just some sort of japanese thing?
Yeah, teenage pop idols are a big deal in Japan.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Yeah, we're giving you a hard time with all these spoilers, UberJumper, but it's fun to watch someone play through the game we love so much for the first time. :)

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Don't apologize. A lot of us are enjoying the impressions of a newcomer to P4. :)

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Are you trying to say that Yukiko's epic struggle to avenge her Bento Box isn't the most well written story every in a fighting game? I guess there was other stuff going on too.

my tofu... :(

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
I'm shaking.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

You know, in your heart, who is best girl