Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The original version would be missing the Jester and Aeon social link and their personas, events that happen in January and February, skill cards, costumes, anything involving the motorbikes, and most importantly for gameplay the improved fusion system.

In Golden you get to choose what skills pass on during fusion, but in the original the skills are randomly selected and require you to exit and re-enter the fusion screen to retry for something better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

You can't romance the boys in their social links, but most of the holiday events give you the option of having a guys' night instead of spending time with one of the girls.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

It's up to your personal interpretation whether Kanji's nosebleed was caused by the MC and Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko, or head trauma brought on by Chie.
I prefer the third option.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Elizabeth's story is important too because it sets up stuff for the the sequel or another spin-off, and because Elizabeth is the best.
You should probably watch The Answer, but really the only important part of it is the end which explains what happened at the end The Journey, and leads into what Elizabeth is doing in her Arena story.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Though that part is in the game as well.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Your friend lied to you, DA2 romances are nowhere near as sensitive. Your friend basically wasn't paying attention to what he said, because romancing Anders requires you to flirt with him repeatedly :shobon:

Dragon Age 1 however does have that problem where Leliana can remain in a romance with you even if you break it off and a whole host of other weird poo poo, mostly pertaining to Leliana.

If I remember right, DA2 Anders had a problem where several dialogue choices only had options to romance him or to gain rivalry points with him. So if you were trying to be friends with him, you might also end up with some benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

WhiteHowler posted:

Okay, I've killed both the Contrarian King and the Intolerant Officer, and neither of them dropped a weapon. Is it seriously not a 100% drop rate, or is there something I needed to do first?

They don't drop the items directly. After you kill them you need to look around the boss room for a spot you can examine, and you'll pick up the weapon from it.

• Locked thread