Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Anyone here have thoughts on WeFinance? A personal friend needed to finance her programming bootcamp and I chipped in a few thousand dollars -- I felt like I had a lot more information on her creditworthiness than banks ever would.

The site keeps nagging me to fund other people's debt, but before considering it further I'd like to compare it with the other options first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

April posted:

Also, most of my charge-offs are older, from when I was not as choosy on picking notes, and going on emotion rather than numbers.
How much "work" do you put into it though?

You might want to calculate the value of that time as a cost, since it scales linearly in a way that a mutual fund doesn't -- if you wanted to double the amount you were investing in this, you'd need to do twice as much picky-choosey-work.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

a cat posted:

I have a decent amount of money in both prosper and lending club. I think this is going to prompt me to slowly cash out of Prosper. I haven't used the secondary market much, but I like that it exists, one of the big draws for p2p lending for me is that it is semi-liquid. You would think that the people at prosper would understand this is a major part of its value proposition?

I wasn't really ever too spooked by the LC controversy earlier in the year but it did kind of get me to start worrying about Prosper. It's a private company and under much less scrutiny. Is this a first sign of some internal troubles or am I just being paranoid? Anyone else planning to back away from Prosper because of this?
Are you gonna dump your loans or hold them to the end?

• Locked thread