Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
The one thing that is really obnoxious about Lending Club so far, is the time it takes for a loan to be funded and approved. If the loan doesn't get approved, your money is returned and you have to start the whole process over. I submitted 40 loans as my first foray, and I've probably had to resubmit about half of those since they keep getting rejected. Is there a way to make that process smoother, or is that just inevitable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have one note that is now over 30 days past due, and the person never made a single payment. That seems pretty sketchy they haven't made one payment.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
It was a D rated loan, so maybe not terribly surprising, but it was only $9k total, and for "wedding expenses". There were no public records or anything too, so probably just some rear end in a top hat that didn't care about their credit rating, especially since it was already bad.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Here are my stats after about a year. I've been trickling in money to see how performance is, but so far I've been very impressed.

In Funding 8
Issued & Current 136
Fully Paid 7
Late 16 - 30 Days 0
Late 31 - 120 Days 2
Default 0
Charged Off 1

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

kansas posted:

Whats are the thoughts on using LC Prime to hold a lot of money for medium term (3-5 year) timeframe?

We are in a really good financial situation and have completely taken care of emergency funds, retirement accounts and college savings and are now focused on building up a large amount of savings for a down payment eventually. Storing all of this money in a savings account is killing me from the lack of returns and I dont want to go into bond funds due to what I perceive as a likely increase in interest rates. Full blown equities seem risky though I am also consider high dividend/low growth stocks. A coworker alerted me to the Prime program where you just put in a large amount of money and let it sit, no dealing with individual notes which sounded like it could be a good blend of risk and return.

It sounds like it could be really cool, and I'd be interested to hear people's experience as well. They did increase the minimum to $25k, up from $10k.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Inverse Icarus posted:

I'm looking around the site for this but can't figure out exactly where to look: If a borrower pays off the loan early, does LendingClub disperse the proceeds immediately, or sit on it and pay everyone out for the term?

You get paid out right away.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Saint Fu posted:

$25 for all loans.

This is the only right answer.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

April posted:

Glad to help!! I'll be the first to admit, however, that I wouldn't mind input from others who've been on LC for a while regarding my filters. I'm always open to suggestions, but I'll admit, if I narrow it down much further, I probably won't get any notes at all right now.

Can you post those filters again? It looks like the link is dead.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

That worked, I just had to sign-up for an account first.

Thanks!

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Clicking the IPO link they sent via email just goes to the settings page with no confirmation provided. Is that what's happening for everyone else?

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Knightmare posted:

I think we're good.

Yeah but you'd think there would be some message saying "Opted in for Fidelity to contact you", but nope, just the settings page.

Either way I'm buying into the IPO if the price seems reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Saint Fu posted:

My LC returns have taken a dive over the last few months and the next few months aren't looking good either. I'm thinking I'm going to turn off auto reinvestment and let the remaining notes slowly run their course over the next 3 years. They're a pain at tax time and I don't have the desire to closely monitor the platform anymore.

Same. I stopped a number of months ago when the CEO was fired and then the CFO quit shortly after. My returns have been quite a bit lower than their blend estimate and charge offs have been high. Like you I don't have time to micromanage it and with the auto-investment system, my returns aren't all that great.

• Locked thread