Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I don't have a ton of money invested, but my biggest issue lately has been that, of the few notes available, the ones I do attempt to buy end up dying during LC's review process. I've been trying to buy 2 notes for the last two weeks and still have that 50 bucks sitting around doing nothing. I don't have enough invested/care enough to be using IR, nor do I have enough invested to use automatic investing. It was pretty easy to build a $500 portfolio a few months ago, but it's starting to seem rather difficult to roll incoming payments into new notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Knightmare posted:

I ran into that too, but honestly that means that the vetting process kicked them out so it's generally for the best that you couldn't give them your money. It can take a while to get those last few notes however.

Didn't they open up automated investing to everyone recently? I don't have a ton on LC but still set up automated investing since I was terrible at checking my account regularly to get that sick nasty compounded interest.

It's opened up but the minimum is $2500

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Is anyone using LC's auto investment or is it mostly folks using IR?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Does interest radar auto invest actually work? I set up Aprils filter recently, and on the analysis page it will show some notes found, but auto investment never happens. I have both my filter and main auto investing set to 'Online'. What am I missing?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Has anyone actually moved away from LC because of this? Or moved over to Prosper? I haven't added any more cash but I'm still making a pretty good return so I am not feeling particularly concerned.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Why happens in the next US recession and the stock market is also destroyed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
From what I recall reading, you want to be able to invest around $2500 to mitigate problems with defaults, otherwise you're at a much higher risk for bad coin flips as stated above.

• Locked thread