Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyes Only
May 20, 2008

Do not attempt to adjust your set.

LorneReams posted:

Sampling issues are possible, it's a subset of a $200mm portfolio. Vintages are controlled for so age isn't a factor.
Also, I'm including lines which it seems like you don't have here.

Can you weigh in with an opinion on how correlated individual loans are? I strongly suspect that the true long term returns are a few points lower than what we're seeing just because the data LC and others release is a bit too young to really capture big macroeconomic effects that would cause a lot of defaults to develop. 2007 proved a lot of people wrong regarding portfolios of "uncorrelated" consumer loans. I don't think my fun money is likely to damage the world economy, but it's better to avoid repeating history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyes Only
May 20, 2008

I'm curious how you choose to manage taxes: do you pay them from the account balance (ie pausing reinvestment to build up cash) or just pay the tax bill out of your income elsewhere?

Eyes Only
May 20, 2008

Are the borrowers making accelerated payments? I've had notes where the borrower rounds up their payment to the nearest hundred bucks and such.

• Locked thread