Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Saint Fu posted:

When I signed up originally, they listed a requirement that you have a total net worth of $70k I believe before being eligible to loan. They don't have a system to verify that you have this kind of money and I don't know the implications of signing up if you don't "qualify" but it was somewhere in the TOS agreement. Also you are not "allowed" to have more than 10% of your net worth in loans.

This minimum net worth value is why I went with Prosper...they had no such requirement (that I could find, and I didn't want to lie to LC). I'm just tinkering with a few dollars ($125, haha), but so far all my payment terms have been met a couple of months into it. I'll slowly keep adding $25 here and there to build a bit of a 'portfolio'.

Personally, I think this system is a great idea. I would not put my entire retirement account into it, but it provides a nice market for somebody who can honestly find a better alternative to revolving credit card debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

monsieur fatso posted:

Why does LC have a $70,000 annual gross income requirement in states other than California and Kentucky? Is this something that they really even look into? This is something I'm interested in, but I wouldn't meet that requirement.
Can't answer that but it may be worth looking into prosper if that's a limiting constraint. I chose to after not meeting their net worth value.

• Locked thread