Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I went to sign up today too, but unfortunately Texas only allows for FolioFN as well, and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Normally this state lets me do all kinds of crazy things with my money! I guess I'll put a smaller amount of cash in and feel it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I transferred some money over to FolioFN back when I made my last post since I can't invest in new notes in Texas. However, upon searching, lots and lots of them have ridiculously negative expected ROIs because they're near to term and someone has them posted up for more than what's owed... would anybody in their right minds go for them? It's annoying that they even show up and that you can't trust any information on there from the time the note was generated since it all could have changed, to where I'm pretty discouraged from investing in any of them at all.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

baquerd posted:

Since I started serious business Folio trading, I've made 21% XIRR over the last three months on roughly $20k.

How'd you figure out what on earth to search for? The FolioFN interface is just godawful, and I took all the money I had wide-eyedly transferred in there and transferred it back to my savings account because I didn't see how to start off (being in Texas, I can't use regular Lending Club). When most of the list of notes is flooded with ones that expect to provide a negative rate of return at purchase time, I don't know why people would even look at them, and why anyone expects to sell those off. It just clutters up the list.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

SiGmA_X posted:

Who would I write at the state legislature level to ask to allow peer to peer in Oregon? Any other Oregon goons want to spam mail the reps too?

Seriously, and me for Texas. It's just unfair that I have to deal with FolioFN when most of what it wants to show me has a *negative* EROI after purchase, as if I'm going to buy those notes.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Not the first time I've posted this in the thread, I just like to complain, but... it bums me out that as a Texan, all I'm allowed is sloppy seconds on notes nobody else wants to keep.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Just got an email from LC saying they are now available for investors from Texas, along with a promotion for FREE MONEY*. Now that the door is apparently opened for me, how complicated tax-wise does personal lending actually end up being?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

April posted:

Also, CaptainCrunch (sorry I didn't answer you earlier), I've been in BlueVestment for a few weeks now, and it seems to be legit. I don't think they filter as deeply as IR, but I think that IR is still in the process of integrating with them, so there may be more options in the future.

So if we were to sign up for one, it makes more sense to sign up with BlueVestment rather than InterestRadar? Seems weird that the link to the full press release on IR's site just links to a main landing page on BlueVestment's site, but I guess that's just lazy link curation.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

April posted:

IR has been in the process of shutting down and merging with BlueVestment. I made the switch a couple of months ago, so I am not sure if IR is still working, or what settings you might need to change. Check your API number maybe?

What advantages does BV have over LC's automatic investment feature? More specific/narrow criteria for choosing notes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

baquerd posted:

At first glance, it appears to be a hilarious market that will overflow with scammers and will utterly fail to compensate lenders for risk.

I opened too many tabs at once and thought I was in one of the Bitcoin threads when I read this.:coal:

• Locked thread