Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kansas
Dec 3, 2012
Am I missing something? This seems like a huge amount of work to do for such a small return... You could scale it up, but the risk is high so I'm not sure that would be a wise idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kansas
Dec 3, 2012

Saint Fu posted:

I think a lot of the institutional investors just run filters without reading the comments. It seems like monthly income is the most important stat for them despite not being verified. It's pretty common to find $35,000 loans funded to 80% with less than 10 lenders when the income is over $10k/mo.

Instituional investors get involved in peer lending?

kansas
Dec 3, 2012
Whats are the thoughts on using LC Prime to hold a lot of money for medium term (3-5 year) timeframe?

We are in a really good financial situation and have completely taken care of emergency funds, retirement accounts and college savings and are now focused on building up a large amount of savings for a down payment eventually. Storing all of this money in a savings account is killing me from the lack of returns and I dont want to go into bond funds due to what I perceive as a likely increase in interest rates. Full blown equities seem risky though I am also consider high dividend/low growth stocks. A coworker alerted me to the Prime program where you just put in a large amount of money and let it sit, no dealing with individual notes which sounded like it could be a good blend of risk and return.

• Locked thread