Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

With stocks looking expensive, this seemed like an attractive place to invest so I opened up a LendingClub account last night.

So far, I've only invested ~1/5th of the money I've put in, just because there weren't enough available loans to meet my standards. How often do more come in? I noticed some new ones this morning, so it can't be that infrequently, but are they processed daily in batch? Real-time? Anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Thanks, all. I'll keep checking back at the refresh times. I'm not in any hurry to throw my money away, but it's hard to get a feel for what the best notes look like if all the good ones are snatched up before you ever see them.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

At least with LC, Google invested in it, giving it a lot more legitimacy in my eyes: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/05/02/google-to-invest-in-lending-club/?_r=0 I'm not saying they're without risk, but I assume that Google Ventures has done their homework well.

That said, I'm not putting anything more than "play money" into my LC account.

• Locked thread