Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
What kind of taxes are you guys paying on your returns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Man, I might have to hold off on this untill I get a straight answer on filing taxes.

Has anyone in the thread been audited by the IRS while reporting LC note income? I hate to be a downer in the thread, but the last thing I want to do is be audited because of this especially when I'm only planning on using about.5% of my total investments at first.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Well, I sunk the money into my account. So I guess it's time to read through this entire thread to learn from ya'lls mistakes.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Alright so I finally made my first round of note purchases.
Couple of questions/thoughts for you veterans.

People with a rediculous amounts of credit lines: I've seen quite a few loans where the person has 30 plus open lines of credit. As someone with very few lines of credit open this set off a red flag in my brain. Should I not worry about this too much?

Big loans vs Small loans: I'm currently trying to stay away from loans over 15k. I figure people are more likely to bail on big loans than small managable ones. This is pure conjecture on my point, so if anyone has some stats to disprove this line of thinking please show them.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
So did some back testing on my chosen indicators and got a statistically nice return and default rate , but now I've run into the issue of not being able to find loans that meet my criteria because of either large notes being issued or bots( maybe a mix of both)

Also, thanks for the advice on narrowing them down, you guys.

I was only able to pick up about four notes this morning out of maybe 50 candidates. Guess most of my initial investment is going to be sitting idle for a couple months.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Since I started, LC prime has decreased from 10k to 2.5k. Wonder what's going on to prompt this drastic change.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Dammit I've got two payment skippers in their first month of payments. LC is trying to collect on one:

5/21/14 (Wednesday) Attempted to collect payment
5/15/14 (Thursday) PAYMENT Failed

This sucks.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

Lelorox posted:

Dammit I've got two payment skippers in their first month of payments. LC is trying to collect on one:

5/21/14 (Wednesday) Attempted to collect payment
5/15/14 (Thursday) PAYMENT Failed

This sucks.

Update. All my loans are back on track. Is it strange that already 5% of my original 100 loans have paid off in full?

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Manually picking is a huge waste of time. Find some filters that work and just let AI do the rest.

Edit: and have fun trying to pick up good loans with so many bots and AI picking up good loans right as they go to market.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

nickutz posted:

It bums me out that as an employee of a broker dealer I can't use LendingClub or Prosper. Would love to try it out.

Company rules? Do they block it because they don't want you playing with the competition.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Charge offs... Charge offs everywhere...

Still raking 8.5% but I imagine when I'm done that number will be closer to 5%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
5% charge off rate on 200 notes... why god why.

• Locked thread