Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

LorneReams posted:

Random strange fact I've learned, borrowers who go one payment past due, but pay late repeatedly, are better credit risks then someone who never goes delinquent at all.

I assume you mean more profitable rather than better credit risk? That would line up with what I know that the risk-adjusted return is higher for lower credit classes generally. Basically meaning that the market rate increases more quickly than the default rate.

Otherwise you'd have to explain, because someone who never goes delinquent is, by definition, never going delinquent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

nickutz posted:

Yeah company rules but pretty common among broker dealers. Employees are allowed to open outside accounts only on eight or ten approved trading platforms like Fidelity or MerrillEdge. I don't ever see my company approving LC or Prosper. Not because of competition, but these approved platforms send my trades to my compliance department.

For what it's worth though I was just at a JPMorgan asset management conference this week and they see this p2p lending as one of the next big things in the investing world.

That last paragraph is like a massive red flag that says get out now.

• Locked thread