Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
Just out of curiosity I did the "check my rate" form for both Prosper and LC. Prosper said my credit score is too low (it's around 725...) and LC offered a rate of 20.99% (I have credit cards at half that). I wasn't expecting the advertised rate of 6.xx% but drat that was high.

But I am pretty intrigued by the investing side of LC so I may start with a few notes over the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

It bums me out that as an employee of a broker dealer I can't use LendingClub or Prosper. Would love to try it out.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Lelorox posted:

Company rules? Do they block it because they don't want you playing with the competition.

Yeah company rules but pretty common among broker dealers. Employees are allowed to open outside accounts only on eight or ten approved trading platforms like Fidelity or MerrillEdge. I don't ever see my company approving LC or Prosper. Not because of competition, but these approved platforms send my trades to my compliance department.

For what it's worth though I was just at a JPMorgan asset management conference this week and they see this p2p lending as one of the next big things in the investing world.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

The earning potential for an investor are much more attractive than parking your money in a savings account or CD and letting the bank lend it for you.

• Locked thread