Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Jax
May 15, 2004
I'd never heard of Lending Club, but I used to do Prosper back in the day... and had a pretty bad experience. I typically "invested" in loans that paid 10-25% interest (and chose them quite judiciously) and I think I ended up losing about half my initial capital. Maybe they've improved it since, but when people stop paying, they made a token effort to contact them and then just sold the debt off to a collections agency for pennies on the dollar. I didn't like the fact that I, as a backer of the loan, didn't have a say on how that was handled.

Long story short, it seems like a great concept up front, but it likely won't end up panning out like you want it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread