Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Has anyone messed with Lending Robot? It's free if you're managing less than $5k with it. The automated rules make it seem like you can set some pretty strict standards (though there's nothing for "borrow uses complete sentences, punctuation and proper grammar").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Keisari posted:

Why not just continue to hand-pick the notes but put more per note? How much does diversifying into an extra note after 100 really reduce your risk? Would probably save you time on bookkeeping too! Now if we presume that p2p loan market isn't efficient, hand-picking reduces your default-rate-to-interest ratio and ergo you could probably earn more return on your capital.

On the other hand if you really hate hand-picking I guess then it makes sense to automate it. I just got into this thing and I love going through loan applications. Maybe I'm just a weirdo but it's a fun hobby. :v:

How much time does it take to do by hand? I'm taking a timid start at this with $2,000.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

So with the latest news on Lending Club and trouble with the SEC, is anyone worried about the investors on the P2P lending side or just investors who got boned in the stock market?

• Locked thread