Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JeansW
Aug 4, 2004
Yes. Like the jeans...
I started lending with Prosper late last year. So I'm officially 10 months in on some of my notes which means they are "seasoned". According to Prosper's own data mining, once a note has made it 10 months the chances of defaulting is much lower.

When I first started out I started with $2500 spread over 100 notes with literally no filters. So everything was between A-HR for the first 100 notes. So needless to say I've gotten a few defaults from these and will probably get more in the future. But over all it's been a decent experience.

My seasoned notes have an annualized return rate of 9.21% - All notes combined are at 11.10%

Granted, compared to the S&P 500 this return rate isn't as good, but very few things are. Overall I just consider Prosper as one more area of diversification.

Here's a screenshot of my current portfolio. The HR looks way out of whack because I only had a few loans and one or two defaulted, so it looks crazy (-20%)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread