Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

Anyone who received a 1099-OID from LendingClub for tax year 2012.. how annoying was it to account for tax wise? For example, does H&R Block/Tax Cut/whomever have a simple input for that just like a 1099-Int or is it more complex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

slap me silly posted:

Ha, wait'll you need to write off your losses :cthulhu:

Based on the prospectus its a capital loss?

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

You're correct- the OID is recognized as ordinary income. However, greasyhands brings up two good points that 1) you may have capital gains to deduct against from other sources (selling shares of stocks, house sale, etc) and 2) those capital losses in excess of the $3k deduction cap are indeed carried forward. So basically, those capital losses still aren't the most beneficial way to be recognizing losses but its not all bad

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

Dazzleberries posted:

It's like 4 times a day, I believe their website lists the times. The largest batch I guess is at 6 AM PST.

I'm having trouble finding this on their website. If someone could find these times, it would save me (and I'm sure others) lots of effort of checking their website throughout the day.

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

Thanks. Also includes the comment "Note that Times given are PST and that there are also two small additions of loans at 2 AM and 10 PM."

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

April posted:

I switched from IR to Bluevestment (IR will be shutting down in the next few months), and I noticed the same thing, but chalked it up to a different system. Interesting.

Bluevestment looks to be significantly cheaper for my account.. whoops wish I hadn't just signed up for a year of IR a couple weeks ago

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

Yeah I put in an IRA contribution January of this year, but don't plan on putting in any more. Only buying 3 year notes, so hopefully won't be hit too hard in the next recession. Of course all my reinvested notes will be hit but at least my original investment should be mostly repaid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

April posted:

I now use bluevestment to automate my note-buying. I spent an hour or so setting up filters when I signed on with them, maybe a year ago, and now I spend about a half hour or so once a month updating my database.

Mind sharing your bluevestment filters?

• Locked thread