Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

SwashedBuckles posted:

E/N:
I wish I could use LC and Prosper, but my state is one of those in the "exchange only" category. If they listed which committees/bills/loopholes they were stuck in then we could pressure our state reps to do something about it, but they seem content to just leave a "we're working on adding more states" up instead.

Oaks posted:

Fuuuuuck, no Maryland investors. Oh well!

Seriously. It's been at least two years, what are they doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

SpelledBackwards posted:

Not the first time I've posted this in the thread, I just like to complain, but... it bums me out that as a Texan, all I'm allowed is sloppy seconds on notes nobody else wants to keep.

Hey, at least you can do that. We don't even have that option :mad:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Saint Fu posted:

Well the preliminary prospectus is out for the LC IPO. It looks like they lost $23.8 million in the first 9 months of September mainly due to a huge increase in "other" expenses this year. They made $7.3 million in net income in 2013. Anyone still planning on getting in on the IPO?

The blue sky exemption is going to kick off with it next week, right?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

baquerd posted:

You pathetic little tramp, don't you know that the SEC doesn't check up on that? (Also, that since LC went public, my understanding is that AA status is no longer required).

People also said a "blue sky exemption" would allow lending in every state. Well guess what?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I just had a couple of newly issued and 1-payment-history loans sell at a 5% markup over the last week. I guess there's literally no reason for me not to put all my notes up for sale on the aftermarket at a 5% markup, is there?

It's strange; I would have thought the blue sky exemption would have obviated the need for people to buy aftermarket notes in lieu of investing via an actual LC account, hence no more purchases of loans at markup, but I guess not!

• Locked thread