Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

So.... anyone who can help explain what's happening to a complete idiot (me)?

About a month ago I threw some money in Prosper just as an experiment. I have 10 notes at $25 each. Well sometime in the past few days I got my first payment back into my account. The note was for 20k at 10.3% for 3 years. Except instead of the $0.80 I was expecting as my first payment I got $20 back - $19.91 principal and $0.08 interest. My principal balance is listed as $5.09 now. I'm assuming the borrower made some sort of huge payment early instead of the slow trickle I was expecting?
Following that - assuming the borrowers next payment is as big as the previous one am I looking at only getting $0.16 in interest instead of ~$2 or whatever due to early repayment? And for anyone familiar with Prosper - is there any sort of way to see what sort of payments the borrower is making against the total balance of the loan? The note listing just has the basic info as always.

If I'm completely confused about what's happening here or there's some better way to get info, I'd love it if someone could enlighten me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread