Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I made a simple single-player farm-themed puzzle game designed for elementary school students - this isn't meant to be published or used anywhere, the pixel art is mostly lifted from Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, I just recolored it. Our lessons were remote so it was designed as a set of A4 printouts - the kids received a grayscale version of everything, but I colored my examples digitally.

The setup is extremely simple - I would just place two tiles as a starting point, and the students would have to derive a solution to the puzzle that accomodated the starting pieces. It took a bit of trial and error, as it WAS possible to create an unsolvable problem, but those were rare. If I had more time I'd refine the rules a little more, this certainly isn't the most elegant form of the game possible. Most solutions tend to group and animals and plants on opposite sides of the board, so there's certain patterns that repeat more often than others, but with different setups you can force more creative solutions. Anyway, the whole exercise of coming up with the rules was really fun, might dabble more in the future.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Osmosisch posted:

Very cute! I like it a lot.

I may have missed it in your explanation, but it it correct that there's exactly one of each tile?

You have a small text error (the pig's text is missing a 'to').

Aww damnit, I always miss something!

But yes, there's only ever one of each tile, a total of 9. There's no duplicates.