Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I think this is the right thread for this.

A friend of mine and I have come up with a tabletop game that is based on Warhammer 40k, and to play it, you use warhammer 40k models on a tabletop with terrain similar to what you would have for warhammer.

The working title right now is Apocalypse Racers, which will likely change once we find out someone else has that name.

Basically, it's a warhammer based racing game that uses Marine Bikers and Jetbikes to have a combat race. You pick a bike type (regular bike, super bike or jetbike), you pick a rider (human, marine, ork, eldar), then you pick bike upgrades and weapons. Each bike, rider, upgrade and weapon has a different point cost, which each player has a total amount of points to spend. This gives you the option to have many weaker vehicles, or a few strong ones.

Rules are set up for making laps around a track, moving, attacking and taking damage. It's set up so a rider cannot be killed, but taking a lot of wounds is going to slow him down immensely.

We don't really intend to ever publish or make money off of this. It's just a fun game that we've devised and we'd like to spread it around the warhammer community once we have all the rules and point costs ironed out. We'd just make a small website and offer the PDF of the rules for free to anyone who is interested. We've also changed the names of the riders and weapons so they're clear analogs to warhammer fluff, but not called the same.

Right now we are doing a lot of testing with friends and such. If anyone here is interested in helping us beta test, send me a PM and I can email you the rules we have so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
After several game tests last night and few tweaks, I have the first beta version of my warhammer bike racing game complete. We're still looking for a lot of feedback.

I have made a pdf of the rules and uploaded it here. http://www.mediafire.com/view/?xpk870skbyksbjr